New Guy to Arborist site/stump grinder questions..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning! just learning to navigate on here..My name is William from Allentown Pa. The future wife and I own a acre gentleman’s farm..we have a wonderful large barn and a smaller barn! New Kubota excavator for yard work. Great location in a rural part of town. I started a new stump grinding buisness and am looking for recommendations on a 40-50hp diesel stump grinder with remote control. Buisness is plentiful and I just rent different models to see which one I’m most comfortable with..looking for leads on either someone going out of buisness or a late model grinder with low hrs..thanks in advance..

Good morning! just learning to navigate on here..My name is William from Allentown Pa. The future wife and I own a acre gentleman’s farm..we have a wonderful large barn and a smaller barn! New Kubota excavator for yard work. Great location in a rural part of town. I started a new stump grinding buisness and am looking for recommendations on a 40-50hp diesel stump grinder with remote control. Buisness is plentiful and I just rent different models to see which one I’m most comfortable with..looking for leads on either someone going out of buisness or a late model grinder with low hrs..thanks in advance..
I always had two stumpers an large 80HP diesel and small one about 35Hp that would go through a 36" garden gate.

I always had two stumpers an large 80HP diesel and small one about 35Hp that would go through a 36" garden gate.
^ This, you need to determine your target customer base, if it’s mainly working for tree removal companies, then I suggest the larger machines, if it’s landscapers, home owners then I suggest the later. I have been grinding for 15 years, I have been very successful with 35-37hp machines, I currently have a Carlton SP 5014, (fyi, for sale) it will handle fairly large stumps but it will get into a lot places where big machines can‘t. This is my 3rd machine this size.

Thanks for your responses! Very helpful. I’m looking at a 2014 Vermeer 38hp yanmar diesel with only 197 hrs on it. One owner. No remote but I’ll be fine..any tips on best places to buy yellow jacket teeth?

Welcome! What model excavator did you get?

I’m happy to say we got the 2015 Vermeer SC372 diesel motor with 197 hrs on an original owner machine. I called Vermeer and ran the VIN number to verify one owner..it all checked out..I would like to know where our stumpers buy their teeth? ..I’m looking at Sandvik or Leonardi teeth..Thanks can’t wait to start grinding!

Back