New guy with a crazy 372xp question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or he could send it to Mr. Snellerizer to be put back together, with porting and a muff mod done... :) It'd cost a little, but it would be worth it to have it done. :)

Now that is one damn good idea sir!!!:rock:

Like others said, post some pics so we can see what your working with and we'll go from there

Take your time

Take your time, put it back together. It looks like a lot of parts but really isn't, two strokes are simple in design. Just replace the stuff that will normally go bad and wear out. Gaskets and seals, etc.

Just start with a nice big clean work area. Go through and clean everything spotless, even parts you will be replacing. This is to familiarize yourself and to get ready for reassembly. Now lay it out so you can see where stuff will fit. Use the Illustrated Parts Lists and pictures of the saw you can find. Print them out for reference. You'll need long metric allen T handles and some other tools, Torx is very common on saws in general as well. An air compressor and small picks and rags and toothbrushes and Q tips and so on come in handy for cleaning. There are numerous threads here in this forum on saw rebuilding.

Just wanted to let you guys know I didn't fall off the earth.

Thanks a million for the offers of assistance. I'm sure I'll be coming here with lots of questions for this, but at the moment time is in short supply. I have been working trying to clear an area in my woodshop that I can devote to this project, but obviously work takes priority.

Thanks again, and I'll get some pics up as soon as I can get it all laid out, but that might be a bit.

Well how ambitious and vindictive are you? Hopefully you have taken notes and have an accurate timeline on exactly what has transpired.

I would:
File a complaint with the better business burea.

File a suit and sue in small claims court representing yourself.

Along with a complaint to Husqvarna, send a copy of the letter to the BBB.

Take the saw to someone else and learn to do service yourself in the future.

Sneak up to his house at night, screw the doors shut with 4" screws and light the place on fire. :hmm3grin2orange: (Weak attempt at humor)

You have $400.00 in it now.
For another $150.00 tops (probably much less) you should have a better saw than any you could buy for $700.00

PLUS!!!
You will know something about your saw and not have to put yourself in this position again.

I am tempted to tell you to send it to me and I will reassemble it for you but you would learn NOTHING about your saw if I did.
I would much rather join with the others here and help walk you through it yourself.
We all had to start somewhere and that place was exactly where you are right now.

Mike

You have $400.00 in it now.
For another $150.00 tops (probably much less) you should have a better saw than any you could buy for $700.00

PLUS!!!
You will know something about your saw and not have to put yourself in this position again.

I am tempted to tell you to send it to me and I will reassemble it for you but you would learn NOTHING about your saw if I did.
I would much rather join with the others here and help walk you through it yourself.
We all had to start somewhere and that place was exactly where you are right now.Mike

I agree.

At least take pictures of the parts for us to see. I'm sure he did'nt split the case. It's all mostly just bolt-on parts from there. I took my 066 apart for the first time down to the crankcase to change the rear handle without any knowledge or literature. Had it together in a couple hours. It's all bolt-on.

I'm willing to bet it's not tore down as bad as it sounds. Lets see some pics man.

Some great advice on here. I would definately keep it and fix it even if you have to throw it in the corner for a few months. Trust me (we had our first child 10 months ago) you will have a lots of time sitting around witht the baby. setup a babyseat in the garage/shop send the wife to the mall and start cleaning and rebuilding. As for the sawtech i sure wouldnt let him off that easy.months and month with no reply then giving it back in pieces i would not be a happy camper and he would pay one way or another.

You'll have some fun and get an education reassembling it. The fella you took it to needs to be seriously humbled. As stated above make his life a bit uncomfortable and make him regret he ever fooled with you.

Anybody did that to me I probably would end up in jail.

Get creative !!!

there are a bunch of us crazy guys in the area who would help out if the correct amount of beer and gunpowder were offered( maybe some bar oil and mix too !!)

GTG at the shop in Chester county !!!!

Albert ??? I know you could put a 372xp back together in less then an hour !!!

Post up the idea and see where it gets to.

Ok, I laid out every part which was in the box that was returned to me. I took pics of the pile and then turned the larger pieces over and took pics again. If you need pictures of any specific item please tell me.

100_1782.jpg

100_1781.jpg

100_1779.jpg

100_1778.jpg

100_1777.jpg

I posted pictures this morning, and got a message about the post needing to be approved by a moderator. I'm assuming that is because it had pictures in it. I don't know when it'll be put up, but I submitted it this morning.

Also, I'm not really planning on doing anything further regarding the mechanic. He's an older guy who apparently has been running his shop there for decades and now has some serious medical issues, and I don't think he'd still be in business if this was his typical business model, and so I'm just going to let it go. I personally won't be going back but I think the right thing under the circumstances is to live and let live.

Its not as difficult as it seems...you can do it...

I too was gonna off for you to send me the saw and I would zip her up tight and send her back...

My offer stands....it will only cost you what ever the parts cost me, IF it needs anything....:clap:

If you have a big bench to lay the stuff out, and label all the parts it will make it easier....

I would walk into his shop and ask to have a look at a new saw of the equivalent size when he hands it to ya say "well I will take this one as payment for what you did to mine, And all the run around you gave me." when he baulks explain that your wife and newborn are going cold because you haven't been able to cut your firewood and if he wants it back he can fix what he broke or make restitution in the amount it will take to get it put back together properly!!

I would walk into his shop and ask to have a look at a new saw of the equivalent size when he hands it to ya say "well I will take this one as payment for what you did to mine, And all the run around you gave me." when he baulks explain that your wife and newborn are going cold because you haven't been able to cut your firewood and if he wants it back he can fix what he broke or make restitution in the amount it will take to get it put back together properly!!

your my hero....:dizzy:

I see that no one has said anything since the pictures on page 2 finally showed up. Is that because they went unnoticed or because no one wants to break the news to me that I have a hopeless case?

In other news, the new baby has arrived and is doing well. Also, two weeks ago a tree came down on my power aerial and left it strung through my yard. PECO and the insurance company argued for a week over who would pay for repairs until I was finally able to borrow my dads saw, cut the tree off the wire and restring the line myself last Friday. However, I sure missed having my saw, some of those chunks were huge. I can now say that I have worked on medium voltage line, and Verizon just put my internet line back up today.

So, any suggestions on where to start? Or if anyone in the area is interested in offering a helping hand in person, perhaps I could trade some carpentry work for your labor?

I just dont think anybody has seeen the pictures. Looks like everything is there.
Id start by cleaning all parts, and checking over a IPL and see if you are missing anything. Or maybe somebody local will chime in and help you out. Definitely doesnt look like a basket case.

And congrats on the baby!

Clean it up,get an IPL and start somewhere. IPL links are available on this site. This will be pretty easy if you take your time. Repair or replace oil pump. It might just need a part. I would get a carb kit and redo that,then put the carb back on and then muffler etc. Put the fuel tank back on and it will start looking like a saw again. It could have been taken apart even farther than it was,so you should not have too much trouble.

Last edited:
Sorry about the bad dealer,there everywere,hope he didnt try and sell you 'his' car on the way out.
you should of kicked his cat on the way out:laugh:
Sorry for the cat lovers.....sorta makes you feel better cose the dogs too big eh

So how are you going with your saw? have you got it back together? it didn't look that bad in the pics, probably an hour or so to stick it all back together. didn't look like there was too much to do on it unless the piston was glued to the bore. keen to know how you went though.:msp_smile:

It looks worse than it is and with a bit of thought you will be able to get it back together. If you were here I would talk you through it bolt by bolt and you would never fear pulling it down again even further than it has been. just look at what goes where and think it out you will get it. Just think logically and remember if it looks wrong it probably is!

Back