New Here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorax1959

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well, looks like you are very talented with your art, not sure its for me, but thats OK! Anybody who can carve like that deserves a big welcome to this site!:rock:

1+ on the bears! Really wild stuff you have there! Art is different for everyone and there is nothing that says you have to do the same old same old.kudos to you

Nice work man!
So was this one a commissioned piece or just off the top of your head?​

260282d1351729103-img_20120524_120342-1%5B1%5D-jpg

Nice work man!
So was this one a commissioned piece or just off the top of your head?​

260282d1351729103-img_20120524_120342-1%5B1%5D-jpg

Thanks Lumberjackchef, its not a commision piece (unfortunately). I have to drive past a dairy farm in order to get to my place. The cows all seem a little haggard and just part of a industrial process so I was wondering what the IDEAL industrial dairy cow would be like. She is carved of silver maple.

WOW, shades of Beetlejuice. I like most of your pieces, keep posting. Welcome to the site, Joe.

Thanks Joe...I think everytime you carve you have a chance to make something no one else has seen before...so why not make something no one else has seen before? I get the Beetlejuice thing a good bit as well as "Where the Wild Things Are" and sometimes a bit of Dr. Seusse and Tim Burton.

Very cool stuff. Do you sell your work over in Woodstock somewhere? I'm over in Haymarket but get over that way pretty often.

Sales

i don't have a gallery or store in Woodstock that carries my stuff, but you are welcome to visit my place. I have some finished stuff there...usually the more out there stuff than I post and some stuff in process. Also I am always in search of more wood, if you know of any logs that need a home. You can send me a pm and I will shoot you an address/cell number. Just for reference, I am located below the Woodstock tower and above Burnshire Dam. -Glenn

Latest posts

Back