New HotBlast 1440E Opinions???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakers

Owner - Arbor Jake's Tree Service, LLC
Reaction score
I was L&M Fleet in Detroit Lakes, MN on friday and noticed the old standard model 1400 HotBlast stove had a make over. I looked a little closer and it now has a fully brick lined firebox and secondary burn built in from the factory. Just wondering if anyone has bought or tried one? it looks like they did a fine job on it and i see no reason why it shouldn't function. There were a few changes that could be made to the air controls as they seemed very crude and prone to leak. Simple modifications with a little time and maybe a welder should yield a proper functioning system. Good solid overall design from what i could tell. I cant find any pictures of the inside on the web but will continue to look.

So, anyone out there have any real world experience with one of these new gems?

forced-air-furnaces-1440e-64_1000.jpg

I've dealt with USSC once...they basically have no customer service.
And I've seen a USSC rep post on these forums occasionally...seemed like a jackhole.
And this post by @JRHAWK9 just seals the deal for me...hilarious https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/woods-furnace-choices.305310/page-5#post-6433958
Having seen the new model in person I can easily see how one could over fire it pretty easy. the primary air inlet in the door is cruddy design on all of the hotblast line, the 1440E included. they used the same basic concept for the secondary air on both sides. Pretty simple fix but easily overlooked when you consider you just spent $1700.00+ on the thing. One would expect it to work properly out of the box

SF1000_Front.jpg check this one out, seen it yesterday at Menards. Ss firebox, fire brick on the bottom. Seems like a good deal

View attachment 621287 check this one out, seen it yesterday at Menards. Ss firebox, fire brick on the bottom. Seems like a good deal
Yeah I seen those too...the jury is still out on those...the one person that I've seen post about one was still trying to get decent burn times out of his...I think the factory was supposed to be sending some new parts...a control board or something...

Latest posts

Back