new house came with woodstove keep or swap?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildbio

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just moving into our new house and it came with a Blaze King "Royal Heir"
We brought our Blaze King "Princess" from our old place.
The Princess treated us well and is only two years old.
The Royal Heir is an 1985 model but also catalytic as is the Princess.
The Royal Heir has a bigger fire box but the controls are not as convenient or fine-tune adjustable. The Royal HEir also takes an 8 inch pipe vs the 6 inch pipe of thye Princess.
Thoughts and tips are appreciated.

I'd keep the RH in place and either sell the other one or keep it incase the one your using craps out or you don't like the way it works.

I too would give the currently installed one a try. You might get used to it and find it works better than your bring along.

Thanx, I've been using the old one and it works fine. Downloaded a manual and it works even better. The heat output is more and it is a "better looking" stove. It's likely the catalytic combustor hasn't been replaced so I may replace that. We are in Juneau, Alaska where it is cold and wet year-round so it will be getting alot of use.
Swapping would require buying and installing 6" chimney/pipe so combined with the above I guess it's a no-brainer.
Anyone interested in buying a slightly used Blaze King Princess located in Juneau, AK!?!?!?!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back