NEW Husky 3120XP $199 (Ebay Idiot)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
I believe I have found someone worse than JustDavid. Look at Ebay item #2900152038. I do not know how to post a direct link to it. If anyone else does please do it. I am sure some of you have already seen this joke but please check it out if you have not. A new 3120XP for $199 buy it now brings a lot of lookers until they realize they are buying a CD that list places that you might find cheap saws. What is so hard to believe is that some idiot has already paid $199 for this guys CD. I checked out his feedback. He has about 80 postive feedback as a BUYER of whosale information. Over 50% of it comes from the same 5 items. He only has 4 feedback as a seller and guess what IT IS ALL NEGATIVE. Now we must place the blame on the buyers that were dumb enough to not read all this guys bold print but he is a real cheat none the less. He is capitalizing on the tendency of people to act on a great deal without reading the fine print. It is too bad ebay cannot do something about it.

Bill

Yea i saw that last night, sent them an email asking them exactly what they were selling and all they said was "please read the auction carefully" i really wish there was some way to warn others because someone like my dad might fall for something like that not because of ignorance but because he still has basic trust for people something my generation has had to grow up without.:mad:

The seller is a complete con artist. It is amazing that they actually returned an email. They had better watch how they handle buyers. If they happen to sell to an unsuspecting buyer that is within driving distance they may get a "visit". I know a number of people including myself who really do not like to part with their money. All it takes is a few bidders to fall into their trap for them to make out like bandits. They currently have 406 auctions going. I do not have the time to check them all out but I would be interested in how many have bidders on them.

Bill

gatkeper1,

Thanks for posting the link. I need to figure out how do do that

Bill

E-mail ebay. THey are getting concerned about the long-term viability of thier operation, and with all the negative press they are getting...

The seller is a fraud, pure and simple; he'd probably lose in court in most midwestern and northern-tier states. There is almost no way to ascertain what he's actually selling from the auction.

I'm normally a pacifist, but stuff like this makes my blood boil, and there's nothing I'd like better than to know he's gonna be bubba's girlfriend for a good long time.

This guy won't last

Even though he is legitimate by saying several times in his auction it is for a list / CD Rom he will most likely get negative feedback when some guy pays $200 for a disk full of wholesalers.

I give him 30 days before he goes out of business.

Depending on who and how many complaints he might get a call from an atorney citing federal laws in fair dealings in advertising.

I think the bidders are confused because of the price.

Who in their right might would sell a list of wholesalers at a starting bid over $20? I think it is worth $5 and thats being generous.

Who would bid on it?

I give him 30 days before he goes out of business

Probably sooner. But I bet he doesn't care as his payment stipulation for "buy it now" is electronic payment within 24 hours. In a week he can have a couple of grand, drain and close his accounts and start up under a different seller ID. Hopefully eBay will smarten up to what a den of theives they are protecting by simply caring about their own fees.

Check their other items. How about a leather jacket CD for $3000!!! 3 bidders! Sheesh what a crook.

I sent an email to Ebay Safe Harbor earlier today to alert them to that sellers listings. Their reply was that they were aware of that sellers auctions and would be taking actions.
Most of his auctions have now been canceled.
The seller is claiming "sabotage"to his auctions.
He gained an additional 50 neg feedbacks just today. It would appear his ebay days are nearing an end.

It would appear that the end is not only near, but has come to pass. Everything is off now, no sales, no user feedback, etc.

I hope the guy is peeing his pants waiting for the knock on his door...

I am really disappointed with ebay, they should be controlling their auctions better. Unfortunately, this is a another good example of the old saying "if it too good to bet true, then it probably is" and that the fine print should be read and understood before buying anything.
He will get his in the end, these types always do.
I feel bad for the people who fell for his scam

Yes rather deceitful ad, what with the only picture being of the chainsaw, but I would think any person with a little common sense would get through about half of his b.s. and get the hint that this is a waste of time...but I guess you never know when you may hook someone out there with it.
He sure sounded like he was in a hurry for his money. :cool:

Thanks to all that contacted ebay. This does prove that when ebay gets enough complaints they will act. I had someone invade my ebay account and try to steal my current auctions. It took ebay two weeks to even respond to my emails to them. Imagine trying to log in to your account only to find the have a new user id, contact info, and items. This guy is now out of business but like others have said he will restart again. The really bad thing is he has already made a great deal of money. I would have really like to see all of his other negative feedback. Last night he only had 5 and by the next day it was 50. That means he made thousands of dollars. That is a crying shame.

Bill

I don't think this is over

I am sure ebay will contact all those who bought from him and contact the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, like the FCC and other INTERSTATE COMMERCE COMMISSION.

The transactions crossed state lines and uncle sam may want to let people know what happens to people who try to decieve and commit fraudulent acts.

I give it 90 days before an arrest is made and then the lawsuits.

I guess that law degree is paying off. No, I am not a lawyer,have no JD or ESQ next to my name. I have a degree in commerce / contract law.

Maybe someone could show him what a real 3120 can do, like to his yard, furniture, etc. It's a shame that people like that exist. They're just wasting the oxygen the rest of us could be using. I hate people who take advantage of others.

Question for Don

It is my understanding that ebay lists 500,000 new auctions each day. I can't imagine trying to police that. Don, can ebay themselves take action against this guy? I use ebay quite often and hate to see this kind of thing going on,
Thanks.

Check this auction again

This S.O.B. made his bidders private as well as his feedback.

Only a low P.O.S. would make his bidders private unless he was selling something sensitive. he does not want his bidders to be alerted by good peopel like you and me that this guy is slime pure and simple and a rip off artist too.

I emailed a seller of Licoln foundation welding books that he was slime for selling a widely available book from Lincoln for $25 that lincoln themselves sell for $4. he told me I was some kind of Liberal and anti capatalist because I inferred to he was dirt for doing this AND making his bidders private.

There are so many crappy people in this world that do this kind of stuff and hide behind nuances in the law, that if I met this kind of person, I would probably rip their arms off and make them eat them. And I am a peace loving catholic pro life democrat! But justice in my opinion is more important than anything else.

People reap what they sow. The good lord will take care of people like this in the end.

Kindest Regards,

Mark

deals on saws

People offer to sell me new saws for less than wholesale.

It seems funny though when I offer to pay for an escrow service so the money won't release until the saws are received and inspected ... Then the tune changes ... they don't email anymore or they seem to use an odd form of english I can't understand.

Don

Back