New Husky 350, a couple questions....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrvmax

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got a great deal on a Husqvarna 350 (with 18" bar - some goofy Nascar edition with the Nascar logo on the bar) from Lowe's. It had apparently been dropped and the clutch cover was cracked in a couple of places. Other than that it is brand new. I got the manager to drop the price to $150 and took it home to inspect for other damage. I didn't see anything else broke (the brake and everything else was fine) so I took the clutch cover off and used some JB weld to patch up the cracks. I fired it up today and it runs great. I was wondering about bar oil, it there any kind that is best or will the no name gallon of bar and chain oil from Home depot work just as well? What about the 2 stroek oil, are they all the same or should I stick with a name brand? I have a piece of junk Sears saw now that I do not care about, but I would like for this Husky to last so I want to take care of it.

Check out the chainsaw forum on this board. There is regular discussion about 2 cycle oil. The general consensus is that you want to stick with a name brand conventional or synthetic.

Bar oil seems to be a less volatile subject.

Try a search, you'll find hours of good reading.

http://www.arboristsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

I have used everything from motor oil to gear oil, if you use the basic bar oil you will be fine, wal-mart has a good price on bar oil, no need too buy name brand, it is all basically the same.

same with 2 cycle oil.

Back