New husky top handle chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Podaltura

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The new Husky is here, the t540xp. The chainsaw is x-torq, I think around 40 cc, but I don´t have information about it, but here are the pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm very interested to see what husky is putting out there this time..

It must be like 17 or 18 years since I tried the orange colored pullon/craftsman, that was one of their earlier attempts - maybe their first??

It's possible.. it would be about time!

Glad they finally figured out how to build a saw with the gas and oil out from under the handle. Still will not make it to my shelf with the white and orange saws though.

that saw must be insane!

I already like my t435 better than my 200t.

I'm accepting offers on the 200t by the way.

So if this thing is 40cc and the 200t is 35cc, things may be looking up for the husky top handle. That rubber handle looks comfy.. could see liking that.

I want one.. how much and when is the question?

Saw looks nice, but looks count for nothing. I use Huskies because the dealer is down the street from me. The Stihl dealer is a long way from me. I went out of my way for a 200T though. It is better balanced than the 338xp and its got some real cojones for a little saw. The only problem, although not really a problem, I've had with my 200T is that the air filter gets dirty a little too easy. I clean it about every 8 hours of use or the saw looses its power. I'm not against Husky top handles. I'd love to try it.

I already like my t435 better than my 200t.

I'm accepting offers on the 200t by the way.

I've got a 335 in pieces I'll throw in on the deal, everything works but the oiler. I'd fix it, but after getting my 200t, I don't reallysee the point.

what condition is the 200t in? I wouldn't mind having another for a backup.

The only problem, although not really a problem, I've had with my 200T is that the air filter gets dirty a little too easy. I clean it about every 8 hours of use or the saw looses its power.

what? tap out the air filter after every fuel up...... use your thumb, puts some down pressure on the screw and turn it. you don't need a scrench to open it. everytime you fill that saw you tap out the filter. especially true with the husky top handle cause the filter is out front.

its not brand new looking by anymeans.

I've got a 335 in pieces I'll throw in on the deal, everything works but the oiler. I'd fix it, but after getting my 200t, I don't reallysee the point.

what condition is the 200t in? I wouldn't mind having another for a backup.

Nothing is broken on it.I had it gone through a couple years ago.new Carb,crank seals,fuel line,intake boot.just preventive maintenance.I just picked up a new fuel line yesterday actually. I replace them every year whether it needs it or not.
don't need a 335.been there.

Basically,I'll take 350 plus fed ex charges or I'll keep it for a backup.

what? tap out the air filter after every fuel up...... use your thumb, puts some down pressure on the screw and turn it. you don't need a scrench to open it. everytime you fill that saw you tap out the filter. especially true with the husky top handle cause the filter is out front.

Nope, not every fill up. Every 8 hrs of solid use. Believe me, that cap is on tight. I just work in the dry, dusty conditions of the high Sierras. I cut a lot of dead conifers down too which creates a dustier dust if you know what I mean.

Nope, not every fill up. Every 8 hrs of solid use. Believe me, that cap is on tight. I just work in the dry, dusty conditions of the high Sierras. I cut a lot of dead conifers down too which creates a dustier dust if you know what I mean.

A dime works good for the 200 air filter, in place of a scrench, if you dont feel real manly like oldirty..

Latest posts

Back