New Husqvarna 550xp mk2....should I MM it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomos770

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey.
A week ago I bought new 550xp mk2....been reading forums about MM benifits....

What I want to achieve....is to cool the engine and its bottom bearings...

Will be using it with 40:1 or 32:1 mix...

It looks like pretty simple fix!

If you can stand the noise, those saws run better, cooler and hot start better with a muffler mod.
They also like 32-1, between the strato design and auto tune, they need a little extra oil in order to last a long time.

I did a 562 and completely split the muffler gutted it opened the outlet slightly welded/brazed it back together and you can’t visually see that anything was done to it still has the spark screen but damn does it sound and run great the saw has a pop up polished transfers/ intake and exhaust and thinner base gasket it’s a lot of work to go that far with a muffler on a 5 series but It can be done

I run 40:1 in my 545 MkII no muff mod yet though. I’m kinda picky when it comes to muffler mods it’s gotta look right. Like it was done from the factory.
MM looks pretty straight forward...regarding my YT video.....it can be done without any additional "wrenching" on the muffler

If you can stand the noise, those saws run better, cooler and hot start better with a muffler mod.
They also like 32-1, between the strato design and auto tune, they need a little extra oil in order to last a long time.
Yeah....I know that Xtorq and 2-mix can benifit from extra oil.....although I can vividly see the grimase on the face of the seller over the counter when I explained to him my idea of 40:1 to 32:1 mix....LoL :D

What I red regarding the bottom bearings in 5xx models was....that 555 and 545 bearings last longer....and that lack of crank stuffers could be the reason (better lubrication....more crank volume etc)

MM looks pretty straight forward...regarding my YT video.....it can be done without any additional "wrenching" on the muffler

Yeah....I know that Xtorq and 2-mix can benifit from extra oil.....although I can vividly see the grimase on the face of the seller over the counter when I explained to him my idea of 40:1 to 32:1 mix....LoL :D

What I red regarding the bottom bearings in 5xx models was....that 555 and 545 bearings last longer....and that lack of crank stuffers could be the reason (better lubrication....more crank volume etc)
The 555 and 545 also dont rev as high as the 550, that's has to help bearings last too.

Lol. I tried to do a muffler mod on my 550xp a few days ago but couldn't get one of the lower muffler bolts to come loose. Any ideas how to get it out?

Back