New idea for inexpensive chaps!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I've seriously been thinking about the pants with inserts; as my strap around chaps seem to get caught some times in the small dead stuff on these old dead oaks that we cut around here. There is so much of it, that I call it frog hair; have to cut it off in order to get to the good limbs and trunk. But, i wear chaps and a helmet both. Have tripped over brush when backing up and fell at least twice, helmet saved me both times. The saw was at an idle both times and I just tossed it without any damage to me or the saw. At my age, I'd rather be safe than sorry.;) ;)

West Texas said:
Well I've seriously been thinking about the pants with inserts; as my strap around chaps seem to get caught some times in the small dead stuff on these old dead oaks that we cut around here. There is so much of it, that I call it frog hair; have to cut it off in order to get to the good limbs and trunk. But, i wear chaps and a helmet both. Have tripped over brush when backing up and fell at least twice, helmet saved me both times. The saw was at an idle both times and I just tossed it without any damage to me or the saw. At my age, I'd rather be safe than sorry.;) ;)

Exactly why I wear the husky pants, not chaps.

If the chainbrake was on, you could get scratched, but you wouldn't get a big cut..........

How about some kind of restrictive elbo brace that connects to your hip with a solid rod, removing the ability to saw below your waist?

Bend at the knees to cut kind of thing.

That's how the EPA would do it.

Sprig said:
OMG :laugh: :laugh:
Carpet samples, stove-pipe, CD's, duct-tape........But what we're missin' is...Ta-Da......velcro, lots an' lots of velcro.
:blob2:

Of course! Just velcro the saw to your head and you'll have 2 free hands for easy brush removal :Eye:

bugfart said:
How about some kind of restrictive elbo brace that connects to your hip with a solid rod, removing the ability to saw below your waist?

Bend at the knees to cut kind of thing.

That's how the EPA would do it.

What if we just built robots? They could be controlled remotely by operators using a virtual logging simulation. That would remove any and all need for chaps, no more injuries... Well unless the chainsaw brandishing robots broke free from their controllers and went nuts :dizzy: Thats how the govenment or EPA would really do it! That would make an awesome movie, I don't know how I thought of it :)

You know those ceramic little dudes dressed in plaid that hold lanterns at the bottoms of walk-ways?

I would use lots and lots of them replacing the lamps with chainsaws. Go all electric driven by a single huge deisel generator.

Arborters would sip capichino's and work via joysticks. You could dial in and control them from home.

That's when the computer virus takes over and is visualized by hazy blue shards of electricity stuff when it did bad things. Then... a little alien flying worm-bound creature would crawl out of the little chainsaw-dudes ceramic mouths and begin looking for new hosts. The little dudes then gather at Burgerking with blank placid faces - just like their leader.

bugfart said:
You know those ceramic little dudes dressed in plaid that hold lanterns at the bottoms of walk-ways?

I would use lots and lots of them replacing the lamps with chainsaws. Go all electric driven by a single huge deisel generator.

Arborters would sip capichino's and work via joysticks. You could dial in and control them from home.

That's when the computer virus takes over and is visualized by hazy blue shards of electricity stuff when it did bad things. Then... a little alien flying worm-bound creature would crawl out of the little chainsaw-dudes ceramic mouths and begin looking for new hosts.

I'm not sure what would be better, those lantern guys or garden gnomes :laugh:

It's Mike Maas to the rescue with a Twin-Disson powered Sally-Saw driven by Travelocity® Gnomes from Middle Earth. The ground opens up and out they pour.

The old saw revolt drives them back with magnesium and cast iron sleeves. The Homelite "Just A Minute-Men" storm to relclaim Fort Sumpter.

There is no resistance there and hasn't been for centuries so they perform some maint. and putz around in the garage.

Back