New Jonsered/Bag it or drag it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zr900

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well I finally found 3 Jonsered dealers, all about an hours drive and was wondering about their bag it or drag it sale. One of the dealers dosen't participate in the sale, and is also a tree service with no parts in stock. The other 2 dealers have not answered their phones yesterday or today.

I saw a post about them giving a $125 credit on a 2159. Is this true? Or is it based on the saw you bring in for trade, and the model you are getting.

I have a micro 25 deluxe that i would love to trade in towards a nice trim saw. What are the opinions on the cs 2152c, and the cs 2159c?

thanks.

Last edited:
Promotion is based upon saw model purchased.

At the dealer this weekend I noticed the 2153 & 2156 are not included.

The trade saw doesn't need to run but is supposed to be complete. If your missing the bar and chain, some dealers will give you one off the junkpile.

Take Care

Dealers do not have to participate. The distributor sets the requirements and decides which models are included. Many dealers have stopped participating as the new deal involves stocking blower and trimmers. The discount offered is off of list price.

The saw being traded in must be complete. Some dealers will help if a customer does not have all the parts. Some dealers collect saws all year for that purpose.

I got better price quotes from dealers who weren't participating in the program. It worked out much better than taking $100 - $150 off MSRP. Most of my local dealers elected not to participate because of the other crap they had to buy to be in on the "bag it or drag it" special.

Bag and drag is on MSRP only. Probably get a better deal not taking in a junker. Sell the junker on Ebay and make the dealer an offer, and remember that the bigger the saw, the more wiggle room there is for dealing.

Finally got a person on the other side of the phone at one of the dealers, and he said it was $100 off the 2152, and $125 off the 2159. I didn't ask about the 2165 or 2171.

A dealer nearby told me that the local Jonsered rep collects the saws they take in and then sends them to trade schools(don't know if high school or just college) and they use them to learn on. I don't know if that is what is done everywhere, but it is what this Jonsered rep does. I asked about buying the old saws and was flatly turned down because of this.

The 2171 is $150.00 off.
My dealer gives the trade in saws to a local high school for their small engines class. :clap: :clap:

Ed

Bag it and drag it is just a scam, and I never do it. It's like those push, pull or tow deals that some car dealers do.

The discount comes off of list. Dealers receive a small credit, nowhere near the discount off. My saws are already well below list, so it wouldn't be ethical for me to raise them all up to list to play the trade in game.

This year, which was an off year for the entire industry, they tried to jam everybody by requiring you to take 6 pieces of landscape equipment, IN THE FALL, to be part of the fall program. That's actually insulting, so I said no way. I'm just ordering what I need when I need it.

Bag it and drag it is just a scam, and I never do it. It's like those push, pull or tow deals that some car dealers do.

The discount comes off of list. Dealers receive a small credit, nowhere near the discount off. My saws are already well below list, so it wouldn't be ethical for me to raise them all up to list to play the trade in game.

This year, which was an off year for the entire industry, they tried to jam everybody by requiring you to take 6 pieces of landscape equipment, IN THE FALL, to be part of the fall program. That's actually insulting, so I said no way. I'm just ordering what I need when I need it.

True, I used to be a Jonsered dealer. I go into their spring program once, but never again.

Latest posts

Back