New Makita Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetjetskier

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Picked up a new Makita combo kit with 3 amp batteries, impact, driver/hammer drill, sawzall, flashlight,charger and cloth carry bag.

The battery run time is impressive as the tools have been worked very hard rebuilding the house after being flooded in hurricane Irene.

I was a Dewalt guy for years, but the Makita set is a hands down winner.

I bought the same kit, added two more batteries and the circular saw, three years ago. I flat LOVE it! Two of my batteries are worn out now, one just died last week, but they have been used HARD!!!
I went from Dewalt to Milwaukee to Makita. From what I've seen of the newer Dewalt pod battery tools, I'd never buy another one!

I had about gave up on Dewalt myself until I bought the 36v combo. It's a hammerdrill, recip saw and circular saw. They are very strong and the batteries will last almost half a workday of solid use. Even the Circular saw is awesome. Theyre the only cordless tools I've used that will run as good as corded tools.

I also bought the 36v impact and it's a 1/2 drive and will break lugs from tractor tires and about anything else I've tried it on.

Not saying anything about the Makita tools though because they are very good tools. But the 36v Dewalts are nice. The 18v dewalts are junk though IMO.

The Makita set was $399 brand new, so I could not pass that up.

I have owned Dewalt 12, 14.4 and 18 cordless tools and they serve their purpose, but the latest ones I owned just were not the quality they once were.

Hitachi makes some nice tools at a good price point also.

Their 10.8 lithium ion impact ( its tiny, but for tight areas it is perfect ) is the cats a##, bought that new for just over $50 at Lowes on a clearance a few years back.

That's a GREAT set. 3 years ago my Lil brother was at a woodworking show. One of the vendors was selling it with 3 batteries for $299 so he grabbed it for me. I've since added 2 more batteries and the circular saw. It's done 3 decks, a bathroom re-model and an addition. It still runs strong.
To this day he wishes he'd gotten another. His Rigid set did not really hold up as well.

Back