New member from MD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LB6259

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was recommended to check the site out from a couple members of mytractorforum, would like to say hello.

I mostly work on 2 stroke mowers/trimmers/leaf blowers but I have a few chainsaws (also a concrete saw and gas powered circular saw) that I'll list below. I have very little-if any-experience with working on/restoring chainsaws, I've included some pictures what I'm currently able to get to but the majority are all pretty much buried under other things in the shed as it's a warzone...

The current working saw that I have is a Stihl MS251C.

I'm currently working on a Stihl 042AV; from what I can tell parts are pretty much NLA and there's mixed feelings about this one so I'm working with what I have and also trying a couple of things out to at least get it functional. (Main thing I'm struggling with currently is trying to figure out how to install the clutch/sprocket and fabrication of a chainbrake using an 038 setup-not the brightest idea I've come up with but I figured I'd try it,I'll be posting a thread about this particular saw in a bit).

Other saws that I eventually want to get to include:
-Homelite 550
-Homelite XL(this one runs but needs the chain reinstalled)
-Homelite XL2(I believe this one has a leak somewhere with the chain oil but it ran as of 2-3 years ago)
-Homelite XL700(recoil issues, also missing a few parts)
-Homelite XL925(recoil issues, also missing parts)
-Homelite XL98 concrete saw(recoil issues, haven't attempted to look at the rest of it as of yet)
-Homelite XL100 circular saw (missing the flat plate and need to find a throttle spring)
-Echo CST610EVL(dead module that's NLA, might just end up being a shelf piece)
-Echo CS601 or 602(I'll have to dig it out again at some point to confirm the model, recoil issues, missing air cover, possibly other issues)
-Stihl 041 FarmBoss(would like to convert over to electronic ignition, also need to get a clutch assembly as the original setup is toast)

Looking forward to learning as much as possible.

Attachments

• PXL_20221124_160225847.jpg
    PXL_20221124_160225847.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20221126_150743202.jpg
    PXL_20221126_150743202.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221126_160353799.jpg
    PXL_20221126_160353799.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Welcome from a lurker. Spent most of my life in md. Still have a house in Frederick and a grandson in Westminster. Cut down all the trees in md that needed my work. Live in NC now with a lifetime of trees to manage.

I was recommended to check the site out from a couple members of mytractorforum, would like to say hello.

I mostly work on 2 stroke mowers/trimmers/leaf blowers but I have a few chainsaws (also a concrete saw and gas powered circular saw) that I'll list below. I have very little-if any-experience with working on/restoring chainsaws, I've included some pictures what I'm currently able to get to but the majority are all pretty much buried under other things in the shed as it's a warzone...

The current working saw that I have is a Stihl MS251C.

I'm currently working on a Stihl 042AV; from what I can tell parts are pretty much NLA and there's mixed feelings about this one so I'm working with what I have and also trying a couple of things out to at least get it functional. (Main thing I'm struggling with currently is trying to figure out how to install the clutch/sprocket and fabrication of a chainbrake using an 038 setup-not the brightest idea I've come up with but I figured I'd try it,I'll be posting a thread about this particular saw in a bit).

Other saws that I eventually want to get to include:
-Homelite 550
-Homelite XL(this one runs but needs the chain reinstalled)
-Homelite XL2(I believe this one has a leak somewhere with the chain oil but it ran as of 2-3 years ago)
-Homelite XL700(recoil issues, also missing a few parts)
-Homelite XL925(recoil issues, also missing parts)
-Homelite XL98 concrete saw(recoil issues, haven't attempted to look at the rest of it as of yet)
-Homelite XL100 circular saw (missing the flat plate and need to find a throttle spring)
-Echo CST610EVL(dead module that's NLA, might just end up being a shelf piece)
-Echo CS601 or 602(I'll have to dig it out again at some point to confirm the model, recoil issues, missing air cover, possibly other issues)
-Stihl 041 FarmBoss(would like to convert over to electronic ignition, also need to get a clutch assembly as the original setup is toast)

Looking forward to learning as much as possible.
Sounds like enough projects to keep you busy for a while. I’m also in Carroll Co down near the four counties in Mt Airy.

Latest posts

Back