New Mill taking shape

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chaikwa,

Interesting idea, questions for you.

Is your mill upside down or have you fliped it to add addtional frame support, looks like the bunks are under the frame.

The left side of the dog appears hard welded in, while the right side is the adjustable. Correct?

What do you do to not hit the non-adjustable side with the saw? Just rotate it towards the frame?

Thanks
Yes, frame IS upside-down. It used to be my chainsaw mill that I built, (Procut). I flipped it and used the bottom side for the new bandsaw carriage.

You are correct that one side of the dogs are solid. They are 90 degrees to the bunks so when you rotate a log, the cut side rests against the dog and is perfectly square to the bunk and blade. I had the same set-up for the chainsaw mill and it worked well.

And yes, rotate it downward to get it out of the way of the saw blade. The adjustable side is the same heigth whwen it is all the way UP so that if you can't see the solid side, you know they are both the same heigth and if the blade doesn't hit one, it ain't gonna hit the other. Up and down adjustability also aids in being able to get the bunk out nof the way for log loading, but you need room under the mill for it to drop down.

Hope this helped.

chaikwa.

Back