New motor vehicle violation targets woodscroungers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbooga

cords of mystic memory
Reaction score
CONCORD, N.H. (Granite Press Associates) - With fuel oil prices at historically high levels, more and more Granite Staters are turning to wood heat. Strangely, this has resulted in a spate of fender benders on the state's highways and back roads. To nip this phenomenon in the bud, the General Court is taking action and the governor has said that this is a measure he is willing to afix his signature to.

"You see it all the time," said John Smith, a Belknap County police sargent. "Guys in pickups, driving around rubbernecking at trees taken down by the utilities and the road crews. I like free firewood as much as the next guy, but this is just plain dangerous."

To combat this threat, the state will enact a law creating a new moving violation which will take its place alongside DWI (Driving While Intoxicated). Dubbed DWDOW, the new provision will slap a hefty fine on motorists Driving While Daydreaming of Wood. Penalties are still being discussed in conference committee and details were not available at press time.

"There is a clear and present danger on our roadways," said Smith. "By having the tools to persecute DWDOW offenders, the state of New Hampshire has given public safety personnel the tools necessary to keep our families safe."

Thats it,, I'm tinting all my wondows.. even the windshield!!!!

HAHA.. can't see me now can you copper!!!

lol....good one.

did you make it up?

Yup. Borne of a near collision yesterday. Oncoming bowtie almost took me out. Saw the guy scoping out a pile of roadside ash logs that always catch my attention - but are hands off since the landowner wants them.

Anyhow, it's not hard to fabricate news and facts. The guys in the Politics thread on the left and the right do it regularly. ;)

You really had me going there until I came to the name of the new law and its abbreviation. I dont live there, but it takes only a nanosecond for nonsense laws to jump like fleas from one state to the next.
Thanks for the heartstopping moment, I owe you one...

You really had me going there until I came to the name of the new law and its abbreviation. I dont live there, but it takes only a nanosecond for nonsense laws to jump like fleas from one state to the next.
Thanks for the heartstopping moment, I owe you one...

Sounds like I'm wearing one of these now...

attachment.php

Yup. Borne of a near collision yesterday. Oncoming bowtie almost took me out. Saw the guy scoping out a pile of roadside ash logs that always catch my attention - but are hands off since the landowner wants them.

Anyhow, it's not hard to fabricate news and facts. The guys in the Politics thread on the left and the right do it regularly. ;)

lol...kinda guilty as charged.

anyways....good write! you missed your calling. you should be writing editorials for the new york times.:)

lol...kinda guilty as charged.

anyways....good write! you missed your calling. you should be writing editorials for the new york times.:)

Been there, done that. Not the NYT, but I've worked for small town papers. Ran from that profession at full tilt. One can be expected to attend just so many church spaghetti suppers, planning board meetings, and chamber of commerce ribbon cuttings. yukk

When I felt I needed a change of pace, I decided to do something more exciting so I got a gig with a local interior painter to make sure his eggshell latex was drying properly.

notice i said NYT......my little joke.

i figured most of their stuff is fiction anyways..........

You had me till the "Driving While Daydreaming of Wood" part. Not that our state wood come up with a better name for the law............:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back