New MS441 R C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well this morning I went to my Stihl dealer and traded my 2006 MS441 for a new MS441R C-M. I got a chance this afternoon to run about 2 tanks through her and I am very impressed with it. My standard 441 took a long time to break in and was cold natured until it was. The M-tronic being brand new should be that way also, right? Wrong, it runs great, use the start setting on the choke one time when you start then just use the on position. Very responsive throttle almost if not better than my standard 441 and I did a "Lakeside Andy" muffler modification on it. I read in the long thread about the M-Tronic from Brad and the others that they noticed that the saw felt like it was shifting gears during the first few tanks as the microprocessor adjusted the carb to the load on the saw. I have not experienced that at all with my saw, maybe I have verson 1.2 or something and my saw came with the black HD filter. Overall I am very happy with it and glad I upgraded.

Steve

You'll love it,

If it follows the same break in like mine it will indeed get stronger the more gas that goes through. Mine sort of plateaued after the first 2 or 3 gallons. When it hit 7 or 8 gallons it went up another notch as Emeril would say. Being a strato I would expect this as my 576XP (not AT) acted pretty much the same way.

Take Care

Well this morning I went to my Stihl dealer and traded my 2006 MS441 for a new MS441R C-M. I got a chance this afternoon to run about 2 tanks through her and I am very impressed with it. My standard 441 took a long time to break in and was cold natured until it was. The M-tronic being brand new should be that way also, right? Wrong, it runs great, use the start setting on the choke one time when you start then just use the on position. Very responsive throttle almost if not better than my standard 441 and I did a "Lakeside Andy" muffler modification on it. I read in the long thread about the M-Tronic from Brad and the others that they noticed that the saw felt like it was shifting gears during the first few tanks as the microprocessor adjusted the carb to the load on the saw. I have not experienced that at all with my saw, maybe I have verson 1.2 or something and my saw came with the black HD filter. Overall I am very happy with it and glad I upgraded.

Steve

I didn't notice the "gear shifting" either....

I've been saying this since Jan. 2011. These are great saws. Forget what they are without the M-Tronic. They are now the cutting edge of Chainsaws just like the Husky Auto Tune. Closest thing you can get to a fully ported saw right out of the box IMO.

Years to come you won't have a choice unless you have an old stock New Saw. Or a great older runner as I do with the 440 for the thrill of the past. I've got ported and stock MS441s and have no qualms with either. Nothing is perfect, nothing, but we are getting closer!

Enjoy your new saw, keep us posted how things work out with it.:msp_biggrin:

Back