New Product?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I was at our local hardware store/Stihl dealer on Friday, and the
Stihl salesman was putting up a display for a new product.
He said they were test marketing it in this area, Bryan Equip.
Ohio, Ky..
Anyway, get this. Full synthetic bar oil!! $14.95 a gallon!!
I told him he was nuts! No one would buy it. He said it
prolongs bar/chain life and it would sell well. I still say he is nuts.

Makes no sense. The properties that make synthetic oils viable don't apply in this situation. Synthetics will withstand extreme temps and pressure for extended periods without breaking down. Bar oil gets slung around a bar once and flies off. Bar oil needs to work for approx. 2 seconds before it is replaced by fresh oil.
I'd rather see the vegatable based bar oils for $10-$15 per gallon or less. There's a product I'd be interested in!

sounds like amsoil. very expensive stuff. they sponsor mike larocco in supercross and a couple of other guys in snowmoblie racing. i tried to get some to try(mix and bar and chain oil) the person i talked to never heard of chainsaw compitetion and had no interest. one qt. of b&c was $3.10 plus s&h. the 2 cycle was $8.50 a qt. they do have a lot of stuff.
marty

hi all
Use and belive in Amsoil mix Iuse it at 100-1 and that is my choice. I have usedit in all my saws now for three years adn my 372,which I use for felling timber stil is going strong after 2 years. I use the saw everyday and the jug still looks fine and dandy. BUT i will not use the bar and chain oil! Why would you spend that kind of money an something to protecta chain and bar, for what I would spend in a week on oil, I could buy a bar and chain. I stick with walmart stuff and pay less and see no difference between any of the other ones
That quart of mix oil at 100-1 makes 24 gallons of gas though.
thank you
hooch:blob2:

15.00 for bar oil. silly.now that makes me think less of stihl.
if they will make money on user lack of knowledge here ,
they will in other areas.
my impression of stihl saws has been no nonsense,
get it done quality.this dont fit that image. 028,020 owner

I recieved 6 gallons last week from Bryan Equipment. Ill never sell this stuff...

I was thinking about making a post about trying
out some 98 octane fuel and seeing ice form on
the muffler, of course with 100:1 amsoil mix,
when the moon was full, but I knew you guys were
too sharp to fall for that.

You had me completely fooled, I went in and called bryan equipment and the fine folks there told me I was seeing things or it was a joke. The joke part about it told me that you were pulling everyones legs a little earily...

Latest posts

Back