New saw, 562XP full wrap.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goodie...I was just thinking about you today and getting that there XPW on the way.

Sweet, and I must get that other saw out to you as well, just been dealing with "other" stuff as of lately.

This mean we get a vid soon? :D

Yes, nothing special though.

:msp_confused: :msp_unsure:

pls tell me it's the saw of this thread... cause I just mailed a check this morning for an exact duplicate of yours- 562xpw and a 20'' techlite :rock:

YEP

Sweet, and I must get that other saw out to you as well, just been dealing with "other" stuff as of lately.

Yes, nothing special though.

YEP

Whew, that was a close one! Took me since the first of Dec to decide between the 562 and the 365. As quickly as I would decide on one, Id talk myself back out of it and back into the other. So I let my faith in my builder decide finally. He said go 562 so that's what we're doing. Otherwise, it'd been spring and I'd still be undecided.

I felt that after this video it really started running better, definitely came alive a little more, only put maybe a 1/3 tank of fuel through it.

24" bar, Stihl semi chisel chain.

[video=youtube_share;tif85m1UV5s]http://youtu.be/tif85m1UV5s[/video]

I felt that after this video it really started running better, definitely came alive a little more, only put maybe a 1/3 tank of fuel through it.

24" bar, Stihl semi chisel chain.

[video=youtube_share;tif85m1UV5s]http://youtu.be/tif85m1UV5s[/video]

Ya watching one of these on the first tank is like watching the pneumatic start up procedure on the old German generators. Gotta be patient, when the diesel hits it is quite a show

I also noticed a slight hesitation off idle, will that go away as it learns how to run? I've heard talk of a low speed adjustment on these carbs? Should I look for that?

After reading this thread I finally bought me one! Ive done a few heat cycles bet yet to put it into wood yet..lol..IbI bought the standard model and ordered the double spike kit. Just doing heat cycles it seems to have no proy when I squeeze the trigga. Its very reponsive. I'll cut with it tomorrow. Right now im tearing into the muffler to get the baffle opened up so it dumps into the main chamber. Then I will open up the existing port hopefully. If not then add a second port. I will compare notes with you! This is my first husky in years! But I've been eying this model for a long time. And im not a big fan on the 362s there so damn heavy. But thanks for starting this thread, it lead me to a new saw.

After reading this thread I finally bought me one! Ive done a few heat cycles bet yet to put it into wood yet..lol..IbI bought the standard model and ordered the double spike kit. Just doing heat cycles it seems to have no proy when I squeeze the trigga. Its very reponsive. I'll cut with it tomorrow. Right now im tearing into the muffler to get the baffle opened up so it dumps into the main chamber. Then I will open up the existing port hopefully. If not then add a second port. I will compare notes with you! This is my first husky in years! But I've been eying this model for a long time. And im not a big fan on the 362s there so damn heavy. But thanks for starting this thread, it lead me to a new saw.

Great! Good to hear, good luck with it. Let us know how it works out for you. Don't run it too much, just stick it in wood under full load and let it sort itself out!

I bought one about a month ago. I did not have time to try it out before I got so sick I wanted to die. I finally got a chance in the past week to run it through about 4 heat cycles. Last Friday I even made a couple cuts through some 12 inch red oak, but only about 4 and let it cool again. Today I put it to some 20 to 30 inch red oak and I was extremely impressed. I don't have a lot of experience with chainsaws, and most of that is with my 031av and a 455 Rancher. I thought they cut well. NO COMPARISON.

I am running full skip chisel chain and it ate through that dead red oak like a hot knife through butter. I was considering having a woods mod done on it, but I am not sure it could help a lot. Any advice along those lines?

Great! Good to hear, good luck with it. Let us know how it works out for you. Don't run it too much, just stick it in wood under full load and let it sort itself out!

I agree. The manual said to run it WOT with the bar in substantial wood right off the bat for 5-6 min. straight. After the initial idling set up.

I also noticed a slight hesitation off idle, will that go away as it learns how to run? I've heard talk of a low speed adjustment on these carbs? Should I look for that?

Will- I've discussed the 562 with Saw-King here who has sold many since they came out and he told me it's looking like it takes 3-5 tanks for the computer to really get the fuel curve dialed in. So I think that hesitation will go away. Someone here might know more than I though. I have yet to own one of those. My brother's saw required some adjustments after he had it out in the woods for a couple-three days.

Will- I've discussed the 562 with Saw-King here who has sold many since they came out and he told me it's looking like it takes 3-5 tanks for the computer to really get the fuel curve dialed in. So I think that hesitation will go away. Someone here might know more than I though. I have yet to own one of those. My brother's saw required some adjustments after he had it out in the woods for a couple-three days.

Thanks JJ. I can't believe how little fuel this uses, I only maybe burned 1/3 of a tank so far that day.

Latest posts

Back