new saw and new log.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weisyboy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
we felled this cadagi tree last week
attachment.php

and i got this 034AV off ebay for $500 inc postage arived on wednesday.
attachment.php

so i arived to my log (the one to big to lift into the ute)
aprox 35" at the but.
attachment.php

half way threw the small length
attachment.php

attachment.php

7 slabs in total 23" at the widest
attachment.php

some grain close ups
attachment.php

what only 3.30pm time for some of the but log.
attachment.php

got 2 off before it got to fat for the saw.

cant roll it with teh cant hook will have to bring the fiat down.

dont know why?

i can see tehm just fine

Those are links to attachments from another forum and you'd have to be logged in there, to see them. You can see them because you are logged in or they are in your cache. hth

Those are links to attachments from another forum and you'd have to be logged in there, to see them. You can see them because you are logged in or they are in your cache. hth

Correct, I'm a member of another forum and can see them. Carl, you can't do what you did, you have to link to fully open sites or upload them again to this one (That's what I do)

yep i mill with the 034AV best saw ever.

cadagi is an ausie hardwood comes from norther qld and was braought down origionaly as a tree for bees because it produces plenty. however they didnt know that teh bees love the sap and it clogs there hives. it was widely planted as a garden tree as it grows quickly.

it is full of watter. when we felled this one the watter woud litteraly poor out the end. uses a loy of watter they reckon ore that 300l/day.

it is fairly hard but nothing like red ironbark.

heavy as lead. a 2" thick slab 7' x 2' weighs aproximately 35kg (77 ponds) green.

it is verry stable. you can make sompthing out of it green and it will still be good once dried. providing its not to intrecut. it is not widely used for anything as it is not consiers useable and has short bendy logs.
beautifull timber as you can see from the pics but has lots of sapwood, teh logs up to 10" are all sapwood.

yep i mill with the 034AV best saw ever.

cadagi is an ausie hardwood comes from norther qld and was braought down origionaly as a tree for bees because it produces plenty. however they didnt know that teh bees love the sap and it clogs there hives. it was widely planted as a garden tree as it grows quickly.

it is full of watter. when we felled this one the watter woud litteraly poor out the end. uses a loy of watter they reckon ore that 300l/day.

it is fairly hard but nothing like red ironbark.

heavy as lead. a 2" thick slab 7' x 2' weighs aproximately 35kg (77 ponds) green.

it is verry stable. you can make sompthing out of it green and it will still be good once dried. providing its not to intrecut. it is not widely used for anything as it is not consiers useable and has short bendy logs.
beautifull timber as you can see from the pics but has lots of sapwood, teh logs up to 10" are all sapwood.

Another interesting tree from down under, thanks for showing us.

Back