New saw, well, new to me anyway

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyb13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Bought a Shindawa 695 at a farm auction this morning. I was plased to just fuel it, blow out the air filter. started the 4th pull. Finally got past the 60cc wall. What is your opinions of this saw. I give 40 bucks for it.

For $40, you did quite well for yourself. Don't have much to complain about, the saw is well worth that.

Go out to the shed, clean it up, crack a cold one, and admire the find.

Mark

Sounds like a steal to me. I don't have any experience with the 695, but I sure like my 488 a lot. Hopefully we will have another Shindaiwa fan on here once you get a chance to try it out. It can be a little lonely here.;)

I like most of the others don't have any experience with the 695 or shinnys at all to be quite honest, but it sounds like a great buy. How big of a saw is the 695?

those are great saws,you stole it.

i always like shindiawa saws.had one years ago i bought brand new and it was stolen within a week.

problem around here is none of the dealers will carry them.

i always like shindiawa saws.had one years ago i bought brand new and it was stolen within a week.

problem around here is none of the dealers will carry them.

The dealer in my town does stock a few Shindaiwa saws, but only by the request of Shindaiwa. My dealer tells me he doesn't push to sell any of their saws because he can sell a similar size Stihl cheaper. They do however sell a crap load of their trimmers and blowers.

Bought a Shindawa 695 at a farm auction this morning. I was plased to just fuel it, blow out the air filter. started the 4th pull. Finally got past the 60cc wall. What is your opinions of this saw. I give 40 bucks for it.

Hey bobbyb13,
Have you got a chance to try out your 695 yet?

Lordy Yes!

I have had to nearly beat my Son to keep it outta his hands. I bought a 488 new yesterday, and another 695 this morning for $75.00. Those things will flat run, and cut. I just like the feel of them. Addicted, Darn right I am.

Welcome to the club

The Shindaiwa stuff is pretty spendy when new, but the used stuff can sometimes be picked up for a very good price. I've yet to have any problems getting parts and one of my trimmers is 25 years old.
The thing I like about Shindaiwa's is they are pretty much standard in design without a lot of gimmicky add on's.

I picked up one 488 for $68 and thought that was a great deal especially when it showed up on the doorstep looking almost new. Perhaps there are other saws in this class with more pep, but for an old fat man cutting a year's supply of firewood, they do plenty good.

Never had my hands on a 695 but always keep my eyes open for another Shindaiwa deal, and might end up with one someday.

Good luck. Give the 488 some time to break in as mine seem to run even better after they got a few hours on them.

And remember, no matter how rough the waters get here, you are not alone:cheers:

Back