New Silvey swingarm grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowtorque1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Finally broke down and got one of these. Really nice! HUNTER (Jerod) saved me a few bucks and followed-up on the sale. Thanks, Jerod. John

Glad to Help. I appreciate the business.
Please let me know how the new chains do and how you like the SA.
Hunter

John,
We set up my grinder this weekend, did you get yours going.
They are a smooth grinder and can make some great chains.
Let me know how you are doing.
Hunter

Sure did!

I like it alot. Just played around with a couple of junk chains I had to get used to using it since I have never run a square grinder before. It's funny: at first, the one sheet of pretty vague instructions seems pretty useless. Once you figure out what is going on, it is exactly what you need to know and nothing more. Later.

timed cuts

Mike,
If you can give me a little bit of time, I will try to get this done on video. I will use my EPH7900 with a Brand new round chain from the roll, and a fresh square ground chain.
My thumb has to grow back together a bit, before I can pick up a saw. I dont want to pull these stiches out. I cut up through the pad and the blade stopped in the nuckle.
Maybe by next week, I should be able to pick up a saw.
Hunter

Hunter , Thanks again for the grinder , it works great and why would it not work.
Now lets see who makes the fastest race chain Gypo

Glad you like it. You will have to ask Ed to get the wheels dressed. He is a pro at setting these things up.

Thanks
Hunter

Hunter just ground a work chain for NB on the swing arm , grinder works very well and is fast , so for a joke we tested it on the KD385 ,the work chain was only .14 behind someones race chain, so it works great , and it was just off the grinder , no stoning

No Hacket Axe, We are getting the bore chain ready to run out west , you know down where Dennis Cahoon lives at his big show, it is going to be to bad we whipped his ass at his own show, Thanks Art for the tips on boring

ps ; remember the little yellow bird and have a nice day
and why wouldn't you from your greatest fan Bernie

Hunter that new diamond wheel you got use sure does work ,and where did you find that red Norton honing stone , get for honing the side of the teeth,
I know the diamond wheel is not cheap but you pay for what you get , hope you can get more of them

More on the way. Glad you like them. Figured they would do a good job.
Hunter

Back