New Stainless Portawrap IV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like them fine....but no need with two good steel homemade units. I painted just enough to keep the rust away...the only bare metal is where the ropes run and they stay in a sealed bucket when not in use.

If these are from china....I will not buy on principle.

They might want to take us....who doesn't, but good luck with that. When we get grumpy....we don't play well with others.

I bought the ss Porta wrap with that sweet deal, couldn't be happier. Remember though, if your groundies are used to using the nickle plated versions the stainless has much less friction because of how smooth it is. Have them throw in an extra wrap or two, especially with bigger pieces.

What, no comments from the peanut gallery?

overwrap my friction device and get an arsewhupping.

this is commercial tree climbing, professionals only.
somebody show oldirty a pic of a portawrap so he knows what I'm talking about....:hmm3grin2orange:
crane jockey, donut eating no roping oversize saw biatch........c'mon justin, bite.:chainsawguy:

god I'm bored. ;)

I bought the ss Porta wrap with that sweet deal, couldn't be happier. Remember though, if your groundies are used to using the nickle plated versions the stainless has much less friction because of how smooth it is. Have them throw in an extra wrap or two, especially with bigger pieces.

Hope nobody takes your advise. :newbie:
Jeff

the tree itself works better for a euc man anyway. :hmm3grin2orange:

3 strand manilla bull, a big truck and a 30 pound gear drive.
go old school, then;
eat me. :chainsawguy:

or strap on them gaffs and RUN ME. :hmm3grin2orange:

The one we have grabs like crazy, no wrap or half a wrap works for most pieces. If the stainless is more slippery I could see having to put an extra wrap on:confused:?

I like this one Metals406 built

A bigger PW than you can buy. . . 3" Barrel and 3/4" CR instead of 11/16".

11-20-201012-03-43PM.gif

11-20-201012-04-08PM.gif

I like this one Metals406 built

Looks a lot nicer in my hand, eh ozzy? lol. At least I think it does. Will be putting it through it's first paces on some big oaks Monday. Nate really does some nice work.
attachment.php

Yeah ,yeah yeah . Rub it in.

I think I'll copy one when I can get the right sized material.

Won't be as nice as that one made by metals,but,,,,,,

If I wanted to rub it in I would've told you that I only traded him my retired saddle and gaffs for it. lol.

Latest posts

Back