New Stihl MS201cm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isnt 2-mix just an ordinary two stroke? 4-mix is the four stroke that takes mixed fuel in stihl speak I think.
Yes l believe that to be correct. The guys that use the 4mix pole saws km130 motor love the torque they have right off when resting the b/c on a limb. l myself know why this is would be good as l do a little pole sawing:). I use a normal 2stroke and it does the job well...but only at high rpm which makes things a little more challenging.

Isnt 2-mix just an ordinary two stroke? 4-mix is the four stroke that takes mixed fuel in stihl speak I think.

Going from that German Stihl site, (my German is a little rusty but is ok) the 192T didn't mention anything about it but the newer 193T saws mentioned using the 2 mix engine so i guessed it was something new in the engine design. Strato engine? Stihl love labeling their products with Stihl speak features so it must be something new if it was not mentioned for the 192T. Not being a Stihl head I'm not in the know unfortunately. o_O

Added technology must raise the price at least $250. I bet the MS 201TC-M is gonna be over $800USD and that will push me to the T540xp unfortunately.

Added technology must raise the price at least $250. I bet the MS 201TC-M is gonna be over $800USD and that will push me to the T540xp unfortunately.
I'd say stihl pricing has more to do with what the market will bare, and less to do with what a product is worth to manufacture. I doubt you'll see a $250 price rise in the states.
Didn't the 261-261m only go up $50 or so for you guys?

I hope it is not going to be that expensive, as i want to be buying one for my boss to replace his well worn 200T I guess we will have to wait and see, and be held for ransom like every other time Stihl comes out with a new model.

Honestly having to choose a T540 instead, is not a bad thing. I know you are not the worlds greatest fan of Husky top handles Chris, but i am really liking my T540. 6 months i have been using it regularly now and no issues at all. Great power, good run time on a tank, weight and balance ok too. I don't notice the small weight gain over the 338XPT at all. Auto return stop switch is a great feature.

Well again from the Stihl German site, the price increase from 192T to 193T is a huge 35 Euros. Not much is you ask me. Considering the amount of research and development costs, that kind of price increase is very reasonable i think. We will have to wait and see what this rise will be in other regions. No doubt as the 201T is the current flagship top handle, the new m-tronic one will likely see a much greater price rise than the lesser 192T.

Back