New Stihl toys, New carb adjustment tools?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never been able to get rid of the off idle bog. Its actually related to getting the mass of the cutter head going. The bog is virtually gone if you run the engine without the shaft and cutter head.

I've never been able to get rid of the off idle bog. Its actually related to getting the mass of the cutter head going. The bog is virtually gone if you run the engine without the shaft and cutter head.
l have heard from other members the 4mix engines are full of torque when compared to similar displacement normal 2strokes. I have a Solo multi-system and its great however when using pole saw and you sit the b/c on a branch and pull the trigger it sometimes bogs down making you get the revs up before hitting wood whi h can be sometimes a little harsh on your gear. l hear you can sit the b/c on a branch and squeeze the throttle without fear of bogging with the 4mix. The low down torque gets the chain spinning no probs while sitting on wood.

I've only sold two pole saws in the last year and I've never run one in the wood, so I can't comment. They are full of torque, it just takes them a second to spin up compared to a chainsaw. Chainsaw guys seem to want them to snap off the bottom and it just doesn't happen.

I rebuild a lot of 4-mixers and the other problem I am seeing is the cam lobe wears out (plastic) or the compression reducing parts of cam wheel grenade. Agree with trouble not getting these things to bog off-idle....spent an hour adjusting a brand new carb last week trying to get rid of the lag. They also sound different at full power...I think it is the valves floating at max revs that give them the "burble" sound at full throttle and no load.

Back