New Stove!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pat,
Good luck with that new stove. I think PE products are high quality. My oil man hates my PE insert--I've reduced by oil consumption by half. But the dog loves it.

My Mom and Dad love their PE, from his research a Great Stove or Insert in his case. You will love it.

DSC_6840_3.jpg

I bought a Summit this year,which is the next size up.At first I was not at all impressed with the heat output.A friend has the same stove and I was looking at his and noticed that the air baffle in the front of my stove was flipped around from his so the air holes were facing up.The stove came this way when I picked it up and it said nothing in the manual about its placment,so i assumed it was correct.After putting it in correct the stove burns alot better and puts out more heat.The only problem I have now is alot of coal build up that doesnt turn to ash,and I find having to shovel coals out to make room for wood.I hooked up outside air before I found the air baffle problem and that made a difference in heat output also.The stove is super efficent ,but likes DRY wood.Over all I like mine but it is not what I was used to and it took some getting used to.The stove is in my basement and has alot of area to heat ,if it was on the main floor it would do a better job.I like the mess in the basement and I dont have a hot room on the main that is too hot to be in .Good Luck ,Im sure you will enjoy the heat.I just noticed your in Maine! I live down on the coast

Last edited:
Very nice stove! when I clicked on freestanding pics,I had to check out the pdf about clearences because I didn't believe it could be installed that close to wall.To often stove manufacturers take pics of stove close to combustable walls when they have minimum of 16" or so. to me it seems like cheating/stealing. But sure enough never knew those PE's had such close clearences. very nice

October1809007.jpg

Excellent choice. :yourock:
You are going to be very pleased with your new stove. I installed a similar unit and am thoroughly enjoying it. They are easy to light, convenient to load, simple to operate and heat all night long. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back