New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old school, baby! Been a while since I’ve had these two out together. This and the mini giant were the perfect combo for driving around the golf course cart paths to get to chipping this hell brush pile. We had already chipped quite a bit by the first pic. Thing was nasty, was supposed to be burned, but they ran into trouble with someone complaining so it became our issue.
52FEB7C0-C0B3-4960-BC92-BCE8781F9614.jpegC0830E2C-B816-4C0A-91FE-B545FAD5388C.jpeg

cheap fuel just bit me in the ass
blew up my 200t, my 261 was bad when I bought it, gonna go ahead and do the top end on both
running motomix so far and its good, no more pump gas for my saws, plus the motomix can is easy to pour and store lol

Old school, baby! Been a while since I’ve had these two out together. This and the mini giant were the perfect combo for driving around the golf course cart paths to get to chipping this hell brush pile. We had already chipped quite a bit by the first pic. Thing was nasty, was supposed to be burned, but they ran into trouble with someone complaining so it became our issue.
View attachment 1001335View attachment 1001336
Love the fact that you still use the old chevy chip truck . Please tell me the baby giant helped out with the chipping. That's a crazy pile. Nothing worse that chipping someone else's brush pile.

Love the fact that you still use the old chevy chip truck . Please tell me the baby giant helped out with the chipping. That's a crazy pile. Nothing worse that chipping someone else's brush pile.

Mini giant has been kicking ass all week. I got eighty something hours on it so far and with my other 1100 hours of experience on the big one, I can say I think I’ve got it down pretty sweet now. Just gets better and better.

It was running circles around that pile kicking it’s ass. Loving that thing!!

I’m thinking of taking the rear half off this chip top and fixing it so I can run shorter ramps right off the lift trailer to put the mini g in back. Seems like it would be handy for some jobs. Of course then I’m back to plywood in the other chip truck, so would have to dump before home, but still seems like a pretty quick and east mod that could be handy as hell. And I could still use the IH as a chip truck too, just not as big in this configuration.
DE46428F-EE89-4292-9DD5-34661C26B782.jpeg

View attachment 1001335View attachment 1001336

Yuck, nobody likes a 'brush pile.....'

At least it looks moderately clean & not pushed away in some dark, muddy corner. And good to have a machine to pluck it apart.

Have started turning down those sorts of jobs, not always, but a lot more cautious about them then used to be.

Yuck, nobody likes a 'brush pile.....'

At least it looks moderately clean & not pushed away in some dark, muddy corner. And good to have a machine to pluck it apart.

Have started turning down those sorts of jobs, not always, but a lot more cautious about them then used to be.

I’m billing a full day for that pile, so I can live with that. Actually made it pretty relaxing… of course I was the one on the machine lol.

But yeah, I’ve been turning down brush piles for a few years now. Something about cleaning up after other morons dabbling in tree cutting that I just can’t handle after all these years.

I’m billing a full day for that pile, so I can live with that. Actually made it pretty relaxing… of course I was the one on the machine lol.

But yeah, I’ve been turning down brush piles for a few years now. Something about cleaning up after other morons dabbling in tree cutting that I just can’t handle after all these years.
That’s an expensive brush pile to chip

A full day for that pile....

Would probably say yes to that one!!

Had a job two weeks ago, not a brush pile, but a partially collapsed acacia, tough & wiry as hell. Near a water tank & and old fence in there somewhere. At the end of a full day, clients asked if we could deal with it. They had tinkered away with the edges already. Wasn't keen, but still said yes.

Anyway, nearly finished, scratchy & heavy, have to cut the species into tiny pieces & hand feed as the angular growth habit fights to the very end going into the chipper, one of the species can see bugger all going into chipper courtesy of all it's deadwood & fluffy foliage. And I see Superb Speed dive at the tray as a piece is disappearing, to stop the rollers & grab a piece of thick fencing wire just before it got to rollers....

So careful with metal, but this bastard piece still nearly got in. Couldn't thank him enough. Another local operator had wire wrap around his drum bearings while bastard, big repair bill.

I’m thinking of taking the rear half off this chip top and fixing it so I can run shorter ramps right off the lift trailer to put the mini g in back. Seems like it would be handy for some jobs. Of course then I’m back to plywood in the other chip truck, so would have to dump before home, but still seems like a pretty quick and east mod that could be handy as hell. And I could still use the IH as a chip truck too, just not as big in this configuration.
View attachment 1001421
Thats a good idea to ramp right off the tilt deck. One of the reasons I got F550 for a chip truck low deck height at 48". With 12' ramps, the loading angle is the same as my dump trailor. If you load the giant on all the way towards the back of the truck the cage might not interfere with the chip top. That's what makes a good tree guy. Never stop working towards total efficiency.

A full day for that pile....

Would probably say yes to that one!!

Had a job two weeks ago, not a brush pile, but a partially collapsed acacia, tough & wiry as hell. Near a water tank & and old fence in there somewhere. At the end of a full day, clients asked if we could deal with it. They had tinkered away with the edges already. Wasn't keen, but still said yes.

Anyway, nearly finished, scratchy & heavy, have to cut the species into tiny pieces & hand feed as the angular growth habit fights to the very end going into the chipper, one of the species can see bugger all going into chipper courtesy of all it's deadwood & fluffy foliage. And I see Superb Speed dive at the tray as a piece is disappearing, to stop the rollers & grab a piece of thick fencing wire just before it got to rollers....

So careful with metal, but this bastard piece still nearly got in. Couldn't thank him enough. Another local operator had wire wrap around his drum bearings while bastard, big repair bill.
We try not to chip other people's brush piles. What if someone threw a metal stake in there. That would be fun. Surprised MDS ran the smaller chipper. I haven't touched the 1390xp since we got the 19xpc. I almost feel guilty not using the old chipper.

Well, I’m their tree guy, and there it was in the middle of the course, and the town stopped them from burning, so this was the only other option really. Oh, and they needed it done by the 9th this month.$ lol
People just nod and say yes when the MDS demands his day rate. Haha

They know his work is worth the price.

Fully stretched the 87-48Aj out today. What a view. She was stable and I felt totally comfortable. Granted there was no wind.
I set my bucket up in wind all the time, you get used to the swaying and little creaks in no time
still getting used to the bucket level chains having a tiny bit of slop, so if you lean in the direction of the bucket level pivot, the bucket will tip a little (barely measurable maybe 2 degrees but sure feel it, and always un-expected)

I set my bucket up in wind all the time, you get used to the swaying and little creaks in no time
still getting used to the bucket level chains having a tiny bit of slop, so if you lean in the direction of the bucket level pivot, the bucket will tip a little (barely measurable maybe 2 degrees but sure feel it, and always un-expected)
5m up in the breeze is a bit different to 25m though.

Profane language, bypassing the obscenity filter.
Hi Fellas...been a while. Missed you a lot...sure it is mutual (kisses). I got banned for a few days back when I left after the 10 year old treeguy imposter/liar cried to the mods so I decided to never come back since 1. A kid (named Zit I think) with virtually no experience can be on the pro forum we built and 2. That kid can lie out his a$$ and get you banned by crying to mods like a little pimple faced beyotch he is.

But the reason I came back is this guy on here who posts as DBL (just a fkn crane op) something whose real name is Tom Vagigna I believe...keeps pursuing me on my fb business page and saying all kinds of idiotic things. I cannot get ahold of him/her (possibly a tranny) any other way. This a$$clown likely has never been off the ground higher than a step stool, never ran a chainsaw and is a brokedown Brokeback Mountain loving turd. So Tommy Boy...pls. stop posting things like "why are you bragging" when I post my COI's (Certificates of Insurance) or some job picts on my fb business pg. for advertising and stop obsessing over me. I don't swing that way like you and Paulsy do together, who it is reassuring to see is still spending like an alchy into oblivion to impress people he doesn't know on a forum, will have to suffice for your same sex kinky excursions. Paulsie being "The TreeMESS or something like that.

Toodles...and been nice chatting and catching up with you fellow tree maulers and wish you all the best in all you do.

Your hero, Treevet.

Picture (enclosed below) of Tom Vagigna/DBL crane guy (not a tree guy by any means) on your forum in case you don't know who I am referring to so you can tell him to leave me the fk alone. Tom likes to hang with treemen because he likes mansweat odors he told me.

Attachments

• 1901506_604620089632433_1624148551_n.jpg
    1901506_604620089632433_1624148551_n.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi Fellas...been a while. Missed you a lot...sure it is mutual (kisses). I got banned for a few days back when I left after the 10 year old treeguy imposter/liar cried to the mods so I decided to never come back since 1. A kid (named Zit I think) with virtually no experience can be on the pro forum we built and 2. That kid can lie out his a$$ and get you banned by crying to mods like a little pimple faced beyotch he is.

But the reason I came back is this guy on here who posts as DBL (just a fkn crane op) something whose real name is Tom Vagigna I believe...keeps pursuing me on my fb business page and saying all kinds of idiotic things. I cannot get ahold of him/her (possibly a tranny) any other way. This a$$clown likely has never been off the ground higher than a step stool, never ran a chainsaw and is a brokedown Brokeback Mountain loving turd. So Tommy Boy...pls. stop posting things like "why are you bragging" when I post my COI's (Certificates of Insurance) or some job picts on my fb business pg. for advertising and stop obsessing over me. I don't swing that way like you and Paulsy do together, who it is reassuring to see is still spending like an alchy into oblivion to impress people he doesn't know on a forum, will have to suffice for your same sex kinky excursions. Paulsie being "The TreeMESS or something like that.

Toodles...and been nice chatting and catching up with you fellow tree maulers and wish you all the best in all you do.

Your hero, Treevet.

Picture (enclosed below) of Tom Vagigna/DBL crane guy (not a tree guy by any means) on your forum in case you don't know who I am referring to so you can tell him to leave me the fk alone. Tom likes to hang with treemen because he likes mansweat odors he told me.

@treevet word on the street has it that you got yourself into a Pottylift?

And that you like it so much, you sleep in it, with banana palm fronds over your head to keep the rain off.

Tell me it ain’t true?

Political comments are restricted to the Political & Religious forum.
Holy shitfire!!

It’s like Putin walking across Times Square dressed as Loch Ness!!
Or biden actually speaking a full sentence without the teleprompter and notes in his hand....

Back