New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not letting go of one of those either. Lol. I need a backup there, those things are so useful!!

I was also dreaming about the crane, and. Setting up each lift at a separate job, having them ready to go when we pull up with the crane. I mean the possibilities are virtually endless! Talk about efficiency!
Sounds pretty slick!

I mean, we don't really NEED all this fancy stuff. There's just such a strong inward drive to get bigger and better and more efficient.

Sometimes I'm tempted to go back to the old days of being a one man show grinding stumps, consulting, and picking and choosing easy jobs... but I can't help but want to keep kicking the competition's butts!

Man it would be nice to have a knukleboom though!

Lol, all this talk and my cdl kid put in his one month notice today. Says some lineman’s union picked him up. Whatever, was clear he had no real future here. I mean he got through stuff, but definitely not natural by any means lol.

I just wanna be able to kick the most ass with the least of them lol. I’m not bummed too much. Retail therapy time imo. **** it.

Nobody leaving has ever stopped my dreams from progressing.

I couldn’t be more glad that that last religious goober kid left. Hurt at the time, but I wouldn’t spend one more day with him for all the money in the world.

Thank god I live in a time where machinery has rendered these **** kicking goobers all but obsolete. Lol. I’m going in hard.,

No offense, Mike! You know we’re cool. I just have my issues with some people and this is my outlet.

I very much enjoy our professional relationship and exchanging ideas with you!

No offense, Mike! You know we’re cool. I just have my issues with some people and this is my outlet.

I very much enjoy our professional relationship and exchanging ideas with you!
Same! No offense taken. Good place to vent.

I was once very new to both tree work and Christianity and I drove my boss nuts. I was a real klutz and was probably a lot like the goober you had.

I'm also a pastor now. Hopefully I drive people less nuts!

Man it would be nice to have a knukleboom though!

I am thinking it would be like a working retirement for me.

Don’t get me wrong, I fully anticipate that it would be a terrifying and stressful learning curve (far worse than the log truck and lifts), but man, once you get there… I mean if I owned one of those things and was as proficient at running it as the lifts, game changer would be an understatement… game upended might be more accurate.

I think that might be just about what I need at this point.

I’m not letting go of one of those either. Lol. I need a backup there, those things are so useful!!

I was also dreaming about the crane, and. Setting up each lift at a separate job, having them ready to go when we pull up with the crane. I mean the possibilities are virtually endless! Talk about efficiency!
the only thing wrong with this picture is you would have to allow someone else to run your equipment. that is going to be your biggest hurdle .

I am thinking it would be like a working retirement for me.

Don’t get me wrong, I fully anticipate that it would be a terrifying and stressful learning curve (far worse than the log truck and lifts), but man, once you get there… I mean if I owned one of those things and was as proficient at running it as the lifts, game changer would be an understatement… game upended might be more accurate.

I think that might be just about what I need at this point.
I know a few guys who bought grapple saw trucks all had spiderifts before. They said the grapple saw truck was the game changer and they wont go back. 1 guy said what would u charge for that tree i said 3k he said we would have in in the street in an hour! I have a truck to put one on and hopefully have the money to have a 65ton copma installed after snow season.

Yeah, unfortunately the more I think about it I’m gonna hold off a while. Really do some research over the winter. Nice to know I could though, that’s step one.

Right now I need to replace my class a driver/groundman. That should be fun.

What’s amazing to me is that they’ve made it harder to get a class a now. They’re really trying their best to destroy this country. No wonder IBEW stole my kid. Jokes on all of us unfortunately, because both him and IBEW are in for an eye opener lol. But what do I know about assessing a worker’s potential, I’ve only been doing this for 30 something years.

Whatever, everybody needs to follow their own dream I guess.

I know a few guys who bought grapple saw trucks all had spiderifts before. They said the grapple saw truck was the game changer and they wont go back. 1 guy said what would u charge for that tree i said 3k he said we would have in in the street in an hour! I have a truck to put one on and hopefully have the money to have a 65ton copma installed after snow season.

May I ask why you choose the compa?

You gotta admit, a matching twin steer kenworth and palfinger knuckleboom/grapplesaw would go nicely!! Lol.
View attachment 1030563View attachment 1030562
Do omme lifts require boom lube? I am using white lithium greese for the easy lift but I find that it doesn't last long and tends to chatter even after being immediately applied. I'd like to keep the white look of the boom but I honestly think that won't last to long. I hear graphite dry lube works good.

Do omme lifts require boom lube? I am using white lithium greese for the easy lift but I find that it doesn't last long and tends to chatter even after being immediately applied. I'd like to keep the white look of the boom but I honestly think that won't last to long. I hear graphite dry lube works good.

Yeah, no lube required with the Omme’s. From what I can tell the sections move in and out on nylon looking rollers and have guides that are the same butchers block looking material that keep the sections centered (I just had to change one on the newer lift).

I think I read somewhere that the kind of lube you’re talking about is something like the knucklebooms use? Sounds like a good fit for what you’re describing maybe (but I really am just guessing lol), but I hear you on the looks.

Yeah, no lube required with the Omme’s. From what I can tell the sections move in and out on nylon looking rollers and have guides that are the same butchers block looking material that keep the sections centered (I just had to change one on the newer lift).

I think I read somewhere that the kind of lube you’re talking about is something like the knucklebooms use? Sounds like a good fit for what you’re describing maybe (but I really am just guessing lol), but I hear you on the looks.
That's definitely a big selling point going for the Omme. What a pain in the ass it is to lube the boom. Gotta love schedule maintenance.

I will definitely be looking out for the knuckleboom build MDS. This is the way that I would go once I can't man handle trees from the lift anymore.

I've been hiring a contract climber 1-2 days a week lately. He has been operating the lift while me and my brother kick ass on the ground. It's been working out well for us. Going from always in the tree/air to the ground is a nice change.

Back