New to cad and as

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herto

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all!
I've used chainsaws a certain amount and worked on small engines over the years, but am only this year diving deep into chainsaws, for my woodburner and in the woods.

I'm particularly interested in repairing older saws, and I am keen on doing some porting and getting my head around it properly.
Cheers,
Josh

Attachments

• IMG_20230126_215847.jpg
    IMG_20230126_215847.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20230127_143943.jpg
    IMG_20230127_143943.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230204_142430.jpg
    IMG_20230204_142430.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Welcome !!

There is an insane amount of info here on AS. The search function works well but I’ve had better luck searching with Google to find stuff here.

As far as porting goes there are LOTS of videos on YouTube University but the one that resonated with me the most was on the WestCoast Saw channel.

-Mike

Welcome !!

There is an insane amount of info here on AS. The search function works well but I’ve had better luck searching with Google to find stuff here.

As far as porting goes there are LOTS of videos on YouTube University but the one that resonated with me the most was on the WestCoast Saw channel.

-Mike
Thanks Mike, it feels like there's a lifetime of reading on here. I can't wait to dig in.
I've seen some of spike60's videos and I'll check out westcoast saw channel.
My favourite on YouTube has been Tinman generally, and spike60 videos of the husky Jonny 272 series saws

Welcome to AS. May the CAD always be with you. At first cad had me wanting to go buy new chainsaws now I find old junk saws and see If I can repair them. Current project is a homelite wiz not sure if it's a super 55 or just a wiz. Also I have two xl12s that if I get my house repair done that I'll start working on them.

Back