New to me 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
Pics of the new saw. Sorry it took so long. I am not a shutter bug.
ZG

I thought you said in your first post that it was used. Very nice, I doubt it needs anything replaced. I second the full wrap handle.

ohhhhh yea...

attachment.php

I thought you said in your first post that it was used. Very nice, I doubt it needs anything replaced. I second the full wrap handle.

Ain't she perty... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Now... We just need to see some chips flyin' brutha. Your 1/2 way there, hehehehehehe...

:popcorn:

I found out why the saw was leaking so much oil. It was missing one of the stainless steel clamp plates at the bar mount. The bar roatated and rubbed the paint off the bar in the mount area. The bar did not make a good seal at the mount.

Monday I am going to pick up a new 20" 3/8 .050 bar. I will be running the Stil RSC chain. What size pin sprocket should I run for the 20" bar. My cutting will be Michigan hardwoods and dead hardwood. I think the 8 pin might be the ticket. The saw has a 7pin on it now and it is worn. Would like to hear from the pros.
ZG

Last edited:
I found out why the saw was leaking so much oil. It was missing one of the stainless steel clamp plates at the bar mount. The bar roatated and rubbed the paint off the bar in the mount area. The bar did not make a good seal at the mount.

Monday I am going to pick up a new 20" 3/8 .050 bar. I will be running the Stil RSC chain. What size pin sprocket should I run for the 20" bar. My cutting will be Michigan hardwoods and dead hardwood. I think the 8 pin might be the ticket. The saw has a 7pin on it now and it is worn. Would like to hear from the pros.
ZG
Oh My! That thing looks CHERRY. Nice score. I'm jealous.:bowdown:
I like 7 rim sprocket on the 372 w/24" bar. I would think you could get away w/ 8 rim on a 20"bar. I'm no pro though.

Last edited:

ZG

1 vote for 8 pin with the 20"

:chainsawguy:

+1

A stock 372xp will run better with 7 pin sprocket, plus a 7 pin is easier on the engine.

The 372 is a super nice machine... However... It's lacking in the nether region for an 8-pin. Unless ya got a limp wrist.. Then it probably runs fine, lmao...

:clap:

ZG

The 372XP only has one of those plates. It is part #537 01 37-71 and is on the saw side of the clutch. It is held on with a screw. The cover side does not have one

The 372XP only has one of those plates. It is part #537 01 37-71 and is on the saw side of the clutch. It is held on with a screw. The cover side does not have one

Thanks for the catch. I was going to check a new saw at the dealer. All of my other saws have two plates. I thought this would have two also. From the comments it also looks like the 8 rim sprocket is a bad ideal also. I am very thankful to have this resource. All of the saws that I have owned were home owner with the standard clutch spur grear set up, so I never had a choice.
ZG

Just one more thing...

Dudeeeeeeeee... You really gotta get that thing dirty. That's like driving police car and not turning on the lights, or sounding the siren... Or having a chainsaw and having it clean... You get the point. We NEEDDDdddddddd some pics of that sucker shootin' out dust... It's the weekend, get to work my fellow AS brutha... hehehehehehehe

Tell you what, since its got an oil leak, I'll give you $100 for your trouble and you can send me that little bute, hehehehehe

:cheers: eh?

Latest posts

Back