New to site

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kansas

Kansas

ArboristSite Guru
Quick introduction of myself... 30 years old, wife and 4 kids. Getting ready to go into mowing grass full time next year. Been cutting firewood for the last 10 years or so. Started with a freebie 14" McCoullough, then bought a 20" Poulan from Menards (which my dad still uses occationally, now with a 16" bar), and finally upgraded to a real saw, a Stihl MS270 18", back in 2004. About that same time I got my 5hp, 25 ton MTD splittler. Very impressed with it, even with it beign an MTD. I sell about 20 face cords a season right now, but I'm hoping to grow that quite a bit over the next couple of years, since hopefully I'll have a lot more time in the winter.

Any tips or advice is welcome... This place looks like a wealth of information!! I'll try to get some pics of my stuff up in the next couple days. :cheers:

Hey glad you joined us! Lots of good info and stuff to be found here and good folks to share ideas with.

One tip for ya though, you may want to add a Husky to your already nice line up then you will fit in reeeal good hehehe! :)

Kansas

herrick

herrick

ArboristSite Lurker
Get that wood split, pardner.............

That wood's done split and sold... old pictures.

Vasectomy. Best spent money my insurance ever wrote a check for.

welcome to the forum,
Ian

Already got that covered too... I've got a 7 year old girl, a 6 year old girl, and twin 18 month old boys... within a couple months of finding out about the twins, I had an appointment made... :cheers:

Oh, and as far as the Husky... my mother-in-law bought enough stuff with thier name on it for the both of us... even if they were sewing machines...

No offence, but I think I'll stick to Stihl for now.... :)

maplemeister

maplemeister

ArboristSite Operative
Welcome aboard Herrick:

I think you have probably have found the best site on the net for chainsaw, firewood, and arborist related issues. I am a relative newcomer here myself and will tell you that I have learned a lot of things that I always wanted to know about these topics since my arrival and continue to pick up new knowledge every day. A couple of CAUTIONS are in order however.

1. There is a highly infectious disease that exists here on this site and one must be constantly vigilant and aware of the symptoms and early warning signs. I was warned repeatedly myself of the dangers when I first joined but woke up one day and realized that the infection had all-ready taken over my body and mind before I even realized it. I have only been a member for two months now and so far, I am averaging one new saw for each month I have been here, not to mention a new top of the line splitter. At this rate, my financial future is definitely heading into rocky territory, unless the firewood sales pick up considerably. I would research this subject very carefully if I were you and try to stay in a state of constant vigilance before you become a victim yourself. The disease I am referring to is called C.A.D. , and believe me, it is as nasty as they come. Please be careful, and once again, welcome to the site.

Regards,

Maplemeister: :chainsaw: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

maplemeister

maplemeister

ArboristSite Operative
You are correct sir. I believe the common reference to this problem is "CHAINSAW ADDICTION DISORDER", but your definition makes the point well enough. I truly wish there were something akin to a flue shot to deal with this but I have not found a cure so far. Perhaps others here on the forum can offer further guidance.

Regards,

Maplemeister: :chainsaw: :cheers: :givebeer: :cheers:

ropensaddle

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
You are correct sir. I believe the common reference to this problem is "CHAINSAW ADDICTION DISORDER", but your definition makes the point well enough. I truly wish there were something akin to a flue shot to deal with this but I have not found a cure so far. Perhaps others here on the forum can offer further guidance.

Regards,

Maplemeister: :chainsaw: :cheers: :givebeer: :cheers:

Talk to ultra I think he figured the cure out! :Eye:
Chainsaw accumulation disorder:cheers: