New to the Site - Introduction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoBDoG2o02

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all, I have been burning for home heat for about 4 years now. I use around 3.5 cords per year. I heat with a Blaze King Princess Ultra. I have two echo saws, CS-670 20" & 27" and CS-400 18". I also have a Grizzly industrial 18 ton splitter and a Fiskars X25(Short arms....). I was banned from the ********** site last year when i called a chain saw thief an Ass Hole, so here i am. I hope to share what i know of heating with wood and continue to learn from other more experienced people.

Welcome! An Echo fan, a Blaze King owner, a Fiskars user, and someone who calls thieves appropriate names. We already like you very much. In fact, I'm going to do for you something I haven't done for anyone else - I'm going to waive your membership dues! :clap::clap:

The only thing that could make you present yourself any better is if you have a moustache. :happy:

Every time i read that a major stove company actually named their stove "princess ultra", i am amazed. I don't doubt it's a perfectly functional stove. But naming it that was a bold, flamboyant, choreographed, in your face dance move.

Every time i read that a major stove company actually named their stove "princess ultra", i am amazed. I don't doubt it's a perfectly functional stove. But naming it that was a bold, flamboyant, choreographed, in your face dance move.

Until you know the original is the "King" The princess simply has a smaller fire box. Its a thermostatically controlled Cat stove that runs at a real world 82% efficiency. And can roast me out of 1800 SF with 20 Hr burn times.

Welcome aboard. "You called a chainsaw thief an ass hole and got banned"...What might they had preferred you call a worthless, POS chainsaw thief?? It probably hurt someone's precious little feelings over there, LMAO.

Welcome, stay away from the chainsaw forum.......................unless your wife doesn't mind you having a second mortgage.

And the build it your self splitter fourm! Cool ideas cost lots of cold hard cash! Welcome! Don't forget to drop by the scrounging fourm and post up some photos!

Welcome, stay away from the chainsaw forum.......................unless your wife doesn't mind you having a second mortgage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Hi all, I have been burning for home heat for about 4 years now. I use around 3.5 cords per year. I heat with a Blaze King Princess Ultra. I have two echo saws, CS-670 20" & 27" and CS-400 18". I also have a Grizzly industrial 18 ton splitter and a Fiskars X25(Short arms....). I was banned from the ********** site last year when i called a chain saw thief an Ass Hole, so here i am. I hope to share what i know of heating with wood and continue to learn from other more experienced people.
Welcome aboard Bob. Great site. I second on don't go to the CS fourm unless you have deep pockets:envy:. Some of those folks cover their saws with cashmere blankets and hug them :surprised3:. :givebeer:

Welcome to the show. How do you like the 670? Doesn't get talked about around here, at least not as much as it's little brother, the all mighty 590.

I dont have much experience with many other saws except, a neighbor's stihl model IDK, an old aluminum case homelite my grandpa has, and a newer homelite i burned up.

The 670 has plenty of power to pull my 27" bar and chain, if i went to 36" it might need a skip chain. I seem to notice it doesnt rev as fast a the stihls do, im okay with that as it has been BULLET PROOF. The saw itself is kinda heavy but i only use it for my firewood needs a few times a year so thats not such a big deal. I bought it 1 yr used at a local shop for $350, best money i ever spent.

And the build it your self splitter fourm! Cool ideas cost lots of cold hard cash! Welcome! Don't forget to drop by the scrounging fourm and post up some photos!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Wait...there's a build your own splitter forum?

Link please!

Welcome aboard. "You called a chainsaw thief an ass hole and got banned"...What might they had preferred you call a worthless, POS chainsaw thief?? It probably hurt someone's precious little feelings over there, LMAO.
if I was on there it would probably hurt my one feeling...but I'm not
btw "bad" words will get you in trouble here too...just ask nathon918...oh wait, you cant...or can you?:innocent:

Welcome. I was in the same boat as you (new to Arboristsite) a few years ago and I have found it to be extremely valuable. Many good people who are friendly and helpful and are willing to take the time to contribute. There's a few idiots and "know it alls" but you are always going to have that. Besides I have been both of those things myself a time or two! :D
Word of advise.... use the search function.

Welcome!

And please tell me more about that Grizzly splitter. It looks like it's discontinued now, but I googled it, and it looks like a nice machine.

It works well within its specicifications and it was cheap. Grizzly=overseas outsourced manufacting, Usaully china. I dont think its going to last more than about 5 or 6 years but i only paid 900 since i picked it up myself and didnt have to pay freight....

Latest posts

Back