New Toy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Okay this mill came with very limited instruction. Does it need to be leveled?
Then what?

I'd help you out if I could, but know very little about the bigger bandmills. Maybe sawyer rob can fill you in. Did you get a good deal on this thing I assume? Wish I had the room for a bandmill, I'd beg borrow or steal and somehow I would have one.

Hey Casey, I have some pics posted in a previous thread of a carriage and rails that I built for my CSM. Pretty simple to build.

Yep, I have the time, I can get the materials, and Im a good welder....I just dont have a welding machine!!

What Id like to do is build the frame on an axle, maybe two, so I can go and get the log, tie it down and bring it home. Then set the carriage on it and cut it up.

Hmmmm okay so? know one knows how to set this thing up?I'd assume it needs to be leveled. What about supports? Yeah i'd say i got a good deal buddy of mine went back to NY and told me to have fun with it he might be back and might not.

I'd block that mill up at the 1/3 points at least on large pads that won't settle. When leveling make sure you are good in all directions. If there's any twist or bow in the frame it will show up in your boards. As far a setup goes there's not a whole lot to it. Just be sure to consider log and lumber access / handling the the location you choose.

What make is that mill? It kind of looks like a kit or home brew.

That is my color green. I paint all my stuff with that color. My question is, why didn't your friend keep the mill till he got to NY and then leave it with me?

Okay got the hang of it.Sawed this in an 1-1/2 - 2 hrs
attachment.php

The wide stack is 1-1/2 X 10" x12' redoak for a truck bed. cedar is the small stack on top with the redish tint.The rest is pine and sweet gum. I Feel a building coming on.

DDM said:
The wide stack is 1-1/2 X 10" x12' redoak for a truck bed. cedar is the small stack on top with the redish tint.The rest is pine and sweet gum. I Feel a building coming on.

Hey- how 'bout some closer pics of that sweetgum? I'm about to harvest about 10 of them from someone's yard.:popcorn:

Back