'new' trailer :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwboomer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got this trailer from a friend. $950 delivered from his house an hour away

2003 International with 2x 3500# braked axles. Lights rewired in hose and a 2k winch. He even included the solid steel bar and 2 5/16 ball.

0516001519.jpg

We used this trailer to haul 5 bikes down to a dual sport ride and is set up to do that with the mid cross bar n tons of tie down spots.

Stake pockets are gonna be ordered off Ebay and welded on (3/16" steel 20 for $30)

I need a brake controller yet but it will be nice to know that I'm hauling legal and SAFE vs my 6x10 trailer.

Now direct me to the wood!

Very nice. I have a '99 Chevy Tahoe that I keep the rear seats down and a six foot sheet of 5/8 plywood as a bed. I am very limited and I have been thinking of getting a trailer. I am not in a good area for used trailers so I am looking at Tractor Supply.

As far as brake controllers go, I just put a new one in my truck. I got the P2 Prodigy by tekonsha. Wow, what a difference the new inertial controllers are from the old hit the brake pedal and it builds power type. It was expensive at $124, but I routinely haul a trailer so it was worth it for me.

Not affiliated, just very happy with the performance so far.

By the way, nice trailer to haul with...

vwboomer, congrats on the nice trailer. Looks well built.

Kevin

As far as brake controllers go, I just put a new one in my truck. I got the P2 Prodigy by tekonsha. Wow, what a difference the new inertial controllers are from the old hit the brake pedal and it builds power type. It was expensive at $124, but I routinely haul a trailer so it was worth it for me.

Not affiliated, just very happy with the performance so far.

By the way, nice trailer to haul with...

+1 on the Prodigy. I have one that I use to stop a 16 ft dual 3500lb axle trailer. Works like a champ.

Nah I supplied the beer. It was the least I can do since he helped me spend money that was gonna go towards saddle bags for my VFR :)

The Tekonsha Prodigy is exactly the model I've been looking at. I havent' found any bad reviews and the price isn't too bad. I'd rather spend a bit more and get it right the first time. Unlike the trailer I'm tryin to sell. It works but I shouldn't have settled!

I do need to build and install ramps as well. Not sure If I want double or single, but it's gonna be heavy enough that I can put a car up.

Looks like a nice trailer& a good price. I started out w/ a 5x10 steel mesh floored landscaping trailer. After a couple years I graduated to a 6x12 landscaping trailer w/ a wooden floor like yours. It's single axle&about all my 4cyl toyota 4x4 can handle. I've been kicking around the idea of a 14 ft dual axle enclosed trailer so I'd have extra storage space when I'm not using it. But a 14ft enclosed trailer would be too heavy for the little toyota. I guess it's sorta like C.A.D. But with trailers instead. Bigger is always better. I probably won't be happy until I have a diesel dually and an enormous trailer. So far the 6x12 is great. You don't realize how much you needed a trailer until you get one. That was my case anyway. Now I can't imagine not having one. Just helped a friend move on saturday then hauled a trailer &bed full of split firewood 120 miles to a friend's house. My poor, poor, little leaf springs. I even put hellwig ez level 550 helper springs on the yota and the leaf springs still turn upside down when I'm hauling.

Nice trailer.
I've got a more basic controller, Hopkins Agility. You guys that know, what is the difference that the Prodigy offers? This the only one I've used.

The Prodigy P2 that I have allows it to work proportionally in reverse and applies more brake the harder I hit the brakes. I set it at the beginning and then if I hit the brakes lightly it applies a little power, if I hit the brakes hard it senses it and applies the brakes hard too. The old style that I had you set the level and when you hit the brakes it would count upto what you set. That took a few harrowing seconds as someone cut you off and you had to slam on the brakes.
There is a lot more information out there, but the proportional braking is the reason I bought it.

Back