New Tribe Nikosi

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husqvarna335xpt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've had my eye on the nikosi saddle and im looking for some feed back.. Where im at I can't just go try one on.. So im curious on what you guys have to say about them.. low rider or the regular saddle? Even amount of pressure? Does it restrict leg movement? And the most important is it comfy? Thanks fellas

Is this going to be a work or recreation saddle. IMO I never thought to much of new tribe for a working saddle. As far as a rec climbing saddle. It looks to be very comfy ..
Im not sure what your needs are, perhaps try looking into the Buckingham ergovation, or tree motion. They cost a bit more but are well worth it. I climb with an ergovation and am very happy with it.

Go read the reviews on treestuff.com and or give them a call.

Im sure that its a vary comfy saddle. Them new tride saddles look like air chairs. It has has independent leg straps so you should have a good range of movement.
I dont see many or any gear loops. I also dont see any spot to put a cair tool.

What are your thoughts on the skyloteck korabi click that treestuff has. That was one i thought looked good. Luke from Treestuff told me its good one. It has stiff leg pads. Some guys dont like that. But for a working saddle it looks tough as all get up. Lots of gear loops. I was told it has no problem supporting a large saw... :clap .

What are your thoughts on the skyloteck korabi click that treestuff has. That was one i thought looked good. Luke from Treestuff told me its good one. It has stiff leg pads. Some guys dont like that. But for a working saddle it looks tough as all get up. Lots of gear loops. I was told it has no problem supporting a large saw... :clap .

I have used my Kolibri click from Skylotoc for about half a ýear now. It's a great saddle in all aspects. The stiff leg pads are blessing in the trees especially when sitting in the saddle, but they are a bit in the way when walking around on the ground. They have a nasty habit of "biting" you in undesirable places if you know what I mean..... :msp_rolleyes:.

I've been climbing with the Nikosi for almost two years with no complaints. It's comfortable and very easy to adjust. With two gear loops, two accessory loops, two carabiner loops, and two snap hooks you won't run out of places to put gear.

Which one???

If the Hitch Hiker then yes. And I learned that for me it works best with a ring on my bridge not a swivel. I tried it on a Rock Nano swivel and it allows the hh to rotate as I move around the tree. When I advance it it doesn't seem to set the hitch as well as when the spine is facing my chest. .

I really like how smooth and secure it is. For me 7 wraps, rendered snug then the stopper knot rendered/ dressed snug and it never exceeds the 2" away from the unit. Even on srt.

Last edited:
I got one but ended up sending it back. The bridge just wasn't for me. It was a comfortable saddle none the less. If the bridge had better range of motion like that of a rope bridge I would have kept it for sure

I forgot to add it was the low rise version I got. It rode right at the hips

I got one but ended up sending it back. The bridge just wasn't for me. It was a comfortable saddle none the less. If the bridge had better range of motion like that of a rope bridge I would have kept it for sure

That Nikosi should be jus the ticket for me then. When your built like a bouy like I am, range of motion is kinda limited right from the get go. :msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
You go get one of them new toys that tramps got. You'll love it. We'll all be hitchhicking.:msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

I do really, really like the Hitch Hiker. It took me some trying and learning, but I really like and trust it. I hope to get the srt rope walker thing all figured out with it.
But for in the tree working and repelling its the bees knees.

I've had my eye on the nikosi saddle and im looking for some feed back.. Where im at I can't just go try one on.. So im curious on what you guys have to say about them.. low rider or the regular saddle? Even amount of pressure? Does it restrict leg movement? And the most important is it comfy? Thanks fellas

tramp bushler said:
What is the difference between the regular and low rise?

This is the Classic......the one that I own.

This is the Low-rise.

Some thoughts

You can't beat that triangular shaped leg support for comfort when you are sitting in the saddle for any length of time.

The classic has a point of connection that looks identical to the ring below. You have to be very careful not to accidentally connect to the ring below as it will give you a low center of gravity leading to a possible upside down hang. Recommend putting some red nail polish or something on the lower connection to help avoid the connection to that ring and the condition of negative center of gravity.
I don't know why they don't do it in the factory but take out the allen screw holding the bow shackle connected to the bridge. Put thread lock on it and re-secure. Mark the top of the allen screw with some bright paint or nail polish that will help you see if the thread moves. But also check it often to make sure it is secure. I had mine start backing out on me and saw it on an inspection.
The webbing rope bridge does allow go mobility but as you note does not slide as easy as a ring or pulley on the rope bride. (positive or negative) feature depending on what you want.
New Tribe is coming out with a version that has a rope bride option.
This may be a great mix between the comfort of those triangular leg supports and the adjustable, replaceability and range of motion offered by a rope bridge.
I have just recently switched to an Edge saddle that has a rope bridge because I wanted the ability to easily adjust the length of the bridge. Perhaps I should have waited for the new New Tribe.

Hope this helps

Back