new truck Q

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROLLACOSTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
HI GUYS just wondering if you guys would answer this question..i have just bought a new nissan 4x4 2.5 turbo inter-cooled deisel truck at present it has less than 50 miles on the clock. i desperatly need to use it to tow my stumper and a trailer ,problem is the manual /handbook says the truck should not be used for towing untill it has done 1000+ miles..thats about 2 weeks away i reckon ,now if i did use it for towing [trailer & stumper 2 ton just under] what damage could i possibly do to it ?,would you guys not use it yet..or should i say what the heck and tow with it as the likely hood of any damage is minimal..thanks for any replies

What to do?

Take a 500 mile trip and return. Your truck will be broken in and your warrenty will be intact

Congrats.

I'd imagine that even with modern manufacturing, there needs to be a short time under normal operating conditions for component interfaces to wear-in.  Say, for example, pinions, spiders, and rings in rear-ends.  It's possible they could be subjected to loads that would normally be acceptable but while there are still some high-spots on the surfaces, those same loads may cause damage to the parts.

Take a couple of days off and tour the country...&nbsp; :-<tt></tt>)

Really, though, if you can get a couple hundred miles on it and you're careful to not horse it around too much too soon you'll probably be okay.&nbsp; Just don't ever mention that you've used it that way against the instructions in the event you need to get warranty work done.

Glen

run up a few good hills labouring it will do the same job,new engines need clean fuel

sounds like a good rig rolla,plenty of them here great on fuel,good luck!

do you really need to tow 2 ton or was that just an excuse to tell us all about your shiney new truck:D

seriously though, good on ya, they're good trucks i hear.
sp have 3 of them i think, go like the clappers

Originally posted by stephenbullman
do you really need to tow 2 ton

ifor williams tipping trailer goes just over 1 ton..and 252 stump grinder goes 450 kg .. saw rakes ,ramps, blower etc i would say that goes 2 ton

steve it does go like the clappers barely touching accelorater and i was doing 80 mph :confused: and vehicle labours in 5 th gear doing 30....i realy need to get this truck to work ie pay its way so i'll give it a bit of a drive..i haven't got a fleet of lorrys ,trucks 4x4s like some firms around these parts :D

I have no good advice. I would be wanting to play, that is for sure!!! Who wants to wait? I guess if it is better for the truck?? Bummer though.

Oh yeah

Make sure that you keep that truck on the right side of the road. We've been getting reports of you Brits tooling around in the wrong lanes. Keep it between the ditchs.

Latest posts

Back