New Use for a Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Forsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This morning I went out to my car to find that some little A**hole had keyed it from front to back, not just once but three times.

I'm thinking of a new use for my saws, sort of a public service. Try to key my car without arms you little S**T.

Somehow it's a small comfort that I know it wasn't a grudge they went on to do every car down my road, I counted at least 12.:mad:

Uh-Oh

I think the saw powered winch is a wonderful concept but currently over priced.
Gimme something to attach a .404 to. Hey, how about that cut-off saw? Capstan pully system and some damned rope correct? Couple gears maybe?
Anybody here weld?

Could you imagine the power you could generate with an old geared down saw? The one you use on Big stuff? I would also like it to power a generator in a different product line of attachments for different uses for a chainsaw.

How about a chainsaw driven log splitter? Nice for camping it would be run by any saw performance governed by the saw but workable with 2.0 ci and above. Worm geared please.

Power transfer achieved by removing bar and inserting the saws floating spline against the receiver gear. 7 tooth ? trial and error? Having the ability to adjust is what I like.

-Damage control; thread salvaging division.

Try to avoid the subject of my thread as much as you like, me, I'm gonna find my dullest chain just so it takes that bit longer in the cut.

I remeber a while ago some pregent women got cut off on the interstate and then they stoped at a stop light and she got out poped the trunk and started to chase the guy with a chainsaw on foot. They said she had stoped taking her medicine and was having one of her attackes. Kinda scary to think about some one 7 months pregent chasing someone with a chainsaw.

bugfart said:
Uh-Oh

I think the saw powered winch is a wonderful concept but currently over priced.
Gimme something to attach a .404 to. Hey, how about that cut-off saw? Capstan pully system and some damned rope correct? Couple gears maybe?
Anybody here weld?

Could you imagine the power you could generate with an old geared down saw? The one you use on Big stuff? I would also like it to power a generator in a different product line of attachments for different uses for a chainsaw.

How about a chainsaw driven log splitter? Nice for camping it would be run by any saw performance governed by the saw but workable with 2.0 ci and above. Worm geared please.

Power transfer achieved by removing bar and inserting the saws floating spline against the receiver gear. 7 tooth ? trial and error? Having the ability to adjust is what I like.

-Damage control; thread salvaging division.

I got you,, your intention is to use the winch on the little pricks to stretch there bodys until they snap :)
am i right or am i right !?!?!?!?

We havent gotten to the log splitter yet. You just don't pull them apart to start. Besides it's first used to pull them back up the cliff. "log-splitter" let them back down the cliff - drag them back up the cliff... "log splitter" let them back down the cliff.

See there, we both missed the drill for ice fishing and post-holes.

bugfart, I dunno, I kinda disagree with ya, that is, unless I misunderstand your point. My Simpson winch seems only to be limited by the strength/size of the pulling line, and the ability of the operator to hold it tight enough to not slip. I suppose you could design a larger capstan, but that would reduce torque as it increased line speed.

Before I got my GRCS, I've used the Simpson (on a muffler modded 044 now) to suspend entire failed trees (tip tied line run through block in gin pole tree), pull darned heavy loads up a slope, tension heavily loaded speed lines...pull trees out of lakes, you name it, the thing works!!!

Hey, if you were off topic, I'm just following along....but we could hog tie and drag the little scratcher a country mile...

What saw do you recommend

If you were a pregnant woman with a chainsaw, chasing a bad man, what kind of saw would you recommend? Would a Poulan do, or would you need a Stihl or Husky? Is the chain type or oil mix important? With dogs? Would it matter if a divorce were involved?
I've never chased anyone with a chainsaw and would appreciate any advice from more experienced operators.

Nothing scares people like a "down-hill runner" and a model 17 though non-functional as a cutting device - still leaves one hell of a lasting impression. Even with french-fries.

You don't have to worry about kick-back if you happen to snag a tibia or fibula, radius or ulna.

I had my car keyed and tires slashed parked beside a cop at the movies they did the 8 nicest cars in the lot the sad thing the cop was in his car the whole night you should have saw his face when he had to explain to another cop he saw nothing and heard nothing
probably because the pig was asleep when he should have been doing his job

superman_36 said:
I had my car keyed and tires slashed parked beside a cop at the movies they did the 8 nicest cars in the lot the sad thing the cop was in his car the whole night you should have saw his face when he had to explain to another cop he saw nothing and heard nothing
probably because the pig was asleep when he should have been doing his job

or getting a bj from a snaggle toothed whore.....

Dan Forsh said:
This morning I went out to my car to find that some little A**hole had keyed it from front to back, not just once but three times.

I'm thinking of a new use for my saws, sort of a public service. Try to key my car without arms you little S**T.

Somehow it's a small comfort that I know it wasn't a grudge they went on to do every car down my road, I counted at least 12.:mad:

There are a few of these little vandals on my block as well. The last instance was a glass bottle breaking session in the driveways of me and my neighbors. I like to use my Great Dane for their physical re-alignment of priorities. Oh yea, shes part rotwieller which is an added extra bonus for her! :D

Car alarm and a shotgun. Loaded with rocksalt, if you're feeling nice.

Wait, UK, guns are a no-no. Hmm. I'd say park the car in the driveway or garage if you can, and put a gate between the street and the driveway.

Those brats need an educational vacation to a far eastern country. When they screw up over there, no daddy or lawyer can get them out of the punishment to come.

Dan Forsh said:

Sorry to hear that Dan. Mindless little fu**ers.

How about a device that turns the body of your car into a stun gun. The key after all is a conductor and when the car is touched we have the alarm set it off for a specified duration. And we do this only to protect the battery from draw.

The 'stungun' idea may require A.C. voltage rather than D.C,. AC tends to make one clench and DC can make you 'jump away' (violently). Personal experience. A trailing copper braid from car body to ground may be necessary.

The vandal is my copper braid.
Yep, ac would be ideal because then you just need an inverter. Now a step up transformer brings it up to your desired level of excitement.

Latest posts

Back