new video trimming & pruning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfinnovation

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
we made new part in the video so you can see some cutting we hope you like it

:film: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyv1evnjd4npq3d/CLEANATOR2.mp4?m we hope this machine can make your life safer

after doing reseach we have come up with these number
- between 25 to 35% of time machine with head pruning will be in use .
- The rest of the time between 75 to 65% of the time it is best to use it with the isolated basket .
-so you can operate under the power lines of 25 000 volts.
CURRENTLY there is NO machine on the market that can bring both the scope and the working height + ISOLATED , while having a width (machine in close position ) less than 34''.

This machine has been designed for arborists to work in areas VERY narrow and delicate site (were electricity is a problem for humain safety , etc.).
give you new job possibility ... :msp_w00t:

I guess it has its use but IMHO your cuts suck, you should get someone that knows pruning to help. Also it seems to leave very jagged cuts, I would think this will slow compartmentalization

good luck

I prune twice as fast and make way nicer cuts with a hand saw.

well maybe but since you never saw the machine live it's ok but one thing is sure

What causes tree work injuries?

Statistics show that the vast majority of fatal and major injuries in tree work are associated with chainsaw operations, being struck by a tree/tree branch or a fall.

Between 1 April 2000 and 31 March 2011 a total of 50 people have been killed as a result of tree work activities and many more have been injured or have suffered ill health.

More than 2,500 people have had their lives affected by the work that they do and these are the ones that HSE know about. There are many more incidents that are never reported to us as they should be.

To put these figures into a wider context, tree work has a major injury incidence rate higher than that of the construction industry.

i remember a old tree guys told me.....
the first guy that bought boom truck everybody laugh at him ( they all say you wasted $$$$$$$ hahahaha ) after a year or two these guys that were laughing at him saw him bought 2 truck even bigger until they realize he was taking all the jobs around now what you guys doing you all go out and buy truck to get the best job ......
( Now this is one of the largest business )

he also told me this phrase .:chainsawguy:
there are 3 type of person
1 -the one that does the parade
2 -who is in the parade
3 -and the one that watch the parade

I'm not sure that I watched the whole vid or if there are others that I haven't seen but from what I saw there's no way to make a proper cut on a limb of any size with that machine. The leverage exerted by a longer limb would be too much for that thing to complete a cut without tearing. The limbs you were cutting general rested on the limbs below them. If I missed something, I apologize but from what I saw it may be good for cutting limbs with active hornet's nests but for everyday money making tree work it probably just doesn't work.
I applaud your effort to innovate. Just my opinion,
Phil

Pretty cool but has some improvements that are needed. for one, it cant make a proper cut, make it to be able to angle to the branch bark ridge properly. Second is where it grabs the branch is much too close to the cut which is why it peels/rips. A little farther away from the cut will give you much more control and leverage but has to be a level of common sense still, might have to cut the branch in half first to avoid that, but someone is thinking and trying to better the safe work applications of our job. Nice but I cant help but keep seeing the same old patter that keeps going on over and over here it is.

Someone has an accident with a piece of equipment and the industry suite and tie guys then make a rule and make a better piece of equipment like for instance a break away landyard , to keep new guys from dropping saws. Then something else happens and now you have to be tied in with landyard and climbing line while cutting. and so on.... and then we have the one had on chainsaw while cutting is not allowed CRAP..... Why does the industry keep moving towards other things instead of fixing the problem from the start.. Train the people better and more detail and the train of thought to get the proper time and experience before they start teaching others and then we have a bunch of amateurs cutting trees running crews which equals lots of accidents and deaths. I cant tell ya how many times I sat in the office with the big wigs telling them the problem here is lack of training... it does take more time for some than others. We as an industry need to realize who is ready and who is not. go up in the tree with them show them how to cut with absolute control at all times like a surgeon does cutting close to your heart.. Then we wouldnt need these machines that cost so much money and have their flaws too. everything has it's place and can be used but replacing a good climber who is safe and does great quality work and is productive can not be replaces. EVER..... it's actually a dying breed. Too bad :msp_angry:

Our local power utility has had several line clearance crews clearing the powerlines in our neighborhood. They use a rotating saw on the end of an extendable boom to reach to the tops of the trees and trim branches and stems to below the level of the overhead lines. it is effective, no grappling of the branch, just zing zing, cut and let fall. but they sure butcher the trees.

That's the dif between line clearance and tree care. ROW work has a specific mission, keep the power on, not tree care. If they stopped to do the good work, they would get behind and somewhere down the grid, power would get knocked out, and they would get in trouble by the utility for not being fast enough. Didn't watch the vid, didn't need to. Respected opinion's are enough.

That's the dif between line clearance and tree care. ROW work has a specific mission, keep the power on, not tree care. If they stopped to do the good work, they would get behind and somewhere down the grid, power would get knocked out, and they would get in trouble by the utility for not being fast enough. Didn't watch the vid, didn't need to. Respected opinion's are enough.

I have to agree, i learned how to climb at Asplundh but i sure didn't learn to prune there.

Pretty cool but has some improvements that are needed. for one, it cant make a proper cut, make it to be able to angle to the branch bark ridge properly. Second is where it grabs the branch is much too close to the cut which is why it peels/rips. A little farther away from the cut will give you much more control and leverage but has to be a level of common sense still, might have to cut the branch in half first to avoid that, but someone is thinking and trying to better the safe work applications of our job. Nice but I cant help but keep seeing the same old patter that keeps going on over and over here it is.

Someone has an accident with a piece of equipment and the industry suite and tie guys then make a rule and make a better piece of equipment like for instance a break away landyard , to keep new guys from dropping saws. Then something else happens and now you have to be tied in with landyard and climbing line while cutting. and so on.... and then we have the one had on chainsaw while cutting is not allowed CRAP..... Why does the industry keep moving towards other things instead of fixing the problem from the start.. Train the people better and more detail and the train of thought to get the proper time and experience before they start teaching others and then we have a bunch of amateurs cutting trees running crews which equals lots of accidents and deaths. I cant tell ya how many times I sat in the office with the big wigs telling them the problem here is lack of training... it does take more time for some than others. We as an industry need to realize who is ready and who is not. go up in the tree with them show them how to cut with absolute control at all times like a surgeon does cutting close to your heart.. Then we wouldnt need these machines that cost so much money and have their flaws too. everything has it's place and can be used but replacing a good climber who is safe and does great quality work and is productive can not be replaces. EVER..... it's actually a dying breed. Too bad :msp_angry:

thanks for you good comment :clap: and YES training is lacking (money more important that safety)

Latest posts

Back