new way for splitting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Birch.. I'm curious how that set up would work w/ some Rock maple or oak.:blob2:

that thing looks like an excellent way to give yourself a wrist injury with the way the handle twists. :dizzy:

There was some write up a while back about how you are supposed to grip it loosely. The handle is round and is supposed to slide through your hands. I don't know. Looks interesting though. I would pick one up if I could find one in the States.

going to try that tire trick with my fiskars splitting axe. should work. i hate picking up the peice and put it back onto the block over and over again. lol

It is birch, and most likely filmed in Finland. Could be sub zero temperature, explains why so crisp wood......but he's good with that axe.....200$+ axe....
http://www.vipukirves.fi/english/index.htm

I went to that sight, seems like they love their birch over there. You're right it seems like he was born holding that axe. Must be sub zero temps cause those logs were splitting like shale. I forsee definite tendon damage in my wrists after messin w/ that wacky axe.

If you search for Leveraxe you can find a whole thread and even put your name on the list to try out the test sample (now that it's been put back in circulation). I used the tire on a stump method I got from these videos to split wood this year and it's very effective at saving the back regardless of the wood species.

If you click on the "see more videos" link they apparently set up a couple of days of leveraxe "demos". As I watched successive videos, I kept an eye on the piles of splits in the background. If nothing else this seems to be a very good way to get a good amount of your wood split for free.

looks like it does the job........ for cutting kindling!! why would he be cutting it so small! :monkey:

Bet he can't do that with a piece of hedge (osage orange). That wood splits extremely easy. Like to see what it can do in the real world.:popcorn: I'm tired now after that.

going to try that tire trick with my fiskars splitting axe. should work. i hate picking up the peice and put it back onto the block over and over again. lol

That tire trick is the bomb!!! Keep a couple around different areas of the yard for different times of year. In the deep snow the wood goes by the garage, in the summer it gets moved up to the field that is buried in the winter.

that tire trick is a great way to break a handle. the remaining peices are still next to the block and upright just waiting to break a handle rather than fallen outa the way.

With my luck, I'd miss the wood and hit the tire causing the ax to bounce back and whack me in the head :dizzy:

Yes way over priced! It's funny how the owner/promoter brought this back up to the top after the last post was in Feb. 2009. Sales must be sloooowwww

Something new

Yes way over priced! It's funny how the owner/promoter brought this back up to the top after the last post was in Feb. 2009. Sales must be sloooowwww

Obviously you did not bother to survey the videos properly.
There are some new ideas to look at for free.
The sales is Goooooooood, don't worry.
Best regards
Heikki, the inventor
:computer:

Back