New wheels

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmount

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just want to show off our new wood cutting/hauling ride. After many years of using a 250 Polaris it was time for something new. We work the bush together, but my wife's health isn't great and its getting hard for her to hold on when riding behind me. After a couple of, thankfully minor, falls we moved up to a side by side. Looking forward to many more years of firewood getting with this one.

hey, do you cook maple sap in that big kettle in the background of the second photo?

We do, but you caught me with my "to do list" undone. It was supposed to be put away a couple of weeks ago. We'll bring it back out in late summer to use as a corn pot.

Nice ride! I wonder if my wife would help me in the woods if I had a Gator? Maybe I should buy one and find out.

attachment.php

sweet ride!! i like the bed extension , looks like you can fit a good amount of wood in back.. when are you buying a little trailer to tow behind it? :D

attachment.php

sweet ride!! i like the bed extension , looks like you can fit a good amount of wood in back.. when are you buying a little trailer to tow behind it? :D

Thanks. Yeah, I like the extension, makes the sides 23". The bed capacity is 1000 lb so I should be able to get a fair bit of wood in there. As for a trailer, I've been asking myself that. The old trailer only has a few loads of life left and a shiny new JD trailer would look right at home behind it I think! Just have to talk myself into spending more $$.

Good lookin machine. Like the front rack for haulin the tools. My wife and I have been shopping for a side by side. We've justified the cost vs. the amount of saved labor for hauling wood and lumber. Congrats, ya'll look good on it!!!!:cheers:

Very nice, I use something very similar to get most of my wood out. Just be careful with the side extensions not to overload it with green wood. I've had a couple near misses on some slopes. I like mine much better than my quad.

Very nice, I use something very similar to get most of my wood out. Just be careful with the side extensions not to overload it with green wood. I've had a couple near misses on some slopes. I like mine much better than my quad.

Thanks for the warning, ROPS or not rolling one wouldn't be fun. Fortunately our land is mostly flatish - a few ups and downs on the trail but really just bumps not slopes. But if I get across the road to my in-laws they have some hills that you need to pay attention to.

Good lookin machine. Like the front rack for haulin the tools. My wife and I have been shopping for a side by side. We've justified the cost vs. the amount of saved labor for hauling wood and lumber. Congrats, ya'll look good on it!!!!:cheers:

Have fun shopping, I tell ya we haven't stopped smiling since we got this thing!

Latest posts

Back