New Woodland Mills Trekker XL 126

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoker62

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on a new mill for personal use. Went with the trailer package so I can use it at home and at the cabin. Ordered a box of 10 Ripper 37 blades from Jerrys as well . Now to get it together .

good luck, i have the older woodland mill 126. i was never happy with lube set up. i hold the garden hose on full spray to the blade, when i cut. my blade life is 5 to 10 times longer, plus i clean the log , real good before.

Bayard, would it be a good idea to mount a garden hose nozzle right on the mill aiming right at the cut path? Most of my logs are clean but I do pull them out of the bush with my rear grapple. I pull by the butt end and the other end is usually a small log that goes for firewood anyway. What do you think the realreason for your longer blade life? Is it because the log is cleaner or is it lubing better and the blade is running cooler? Just trying to figure out my options for my 130. I'm going to be cutting ash, poplar and cedar.

i just hold the spray nozzle and point it at the blade entry. and push the rig with one hand. it seem to work. the blade is dull but it keeps cutting. i think being clean and it cools the blade,and the steel seems to slide well. now we talking about a lot of water 3-5 gallons per min.

From what I have seen, too much water is a bad thing. It get's every place and washes out bearing ect..

I've been milling since 1996 and I never use more water than drip...drip...drip from the water tank.

You just don't need to add huge amounts of water, the logs are FULL of water...

SR

From what I have seen, too much water is a bad thing. It get's every place and washes out bearing ect..

I've been milling since 1996 and I never use more water than drip...drip...drip from the water tank.

You just don't need to add huge amounts of water, the logs are FULL of water...

SR
I was reading an issue of blade jumping on another forum and it ended up being too much water. Apparently the excess gets between the blade and the wheel and " floats the blade " out of proper tracking .Never seen anyone spray the cut with a garden hose .

all I can say is i have cut hundreds of feet of oak, ash, hickory.

Latest posts

Back