Newb in knee deep IN a 031

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crzyhorse

Reaction score
First of all this site is awesome. I am glad I found this site. Let me get back on topic. For Christmas my gift to my father was to fix up his 031av, and while dredging through e-rape I found a 031 quick stop at a decent price. My reasoning behind purchasing the saw is that if its junk its just one more parts saw for his. The question I have for you all is for the quick stop. I have cleaned out the carb, it idles but the sprocket turns while idling. You put a bar and chain on it and it will not turn the chain. Sounds like to me its the isolating clutch, anyone else agree? The twist here is I don't have the brake kit for the saw on the sprocket cover for the saw. Can that be causing a problem? I wouldn't think so but who knows. If anyone have a quick stop brake kit and lever for sale I would be happy to buy it. P.s his saw was a real project but its turned a corner and just waiting on baileys to send the ring kit, and piston clamps and its ALIVE!!!!!

Hi Crzyhrse,
Maybe all you need to do is lower the idle speed or replace the clutch springs? If the chain wont move after you hit the throttle, could the brake be locked? You may have the clutch or brake parts together wrong, so I posted the schematic to give you some guidance. Once you get it set up, should work good.

Best wishes,
Bob

Latest posts

Back