newb: will 92 octane mixed with 2 cycle oil hurt my timber bear (40:1)?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnome

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
sorry if this is such an elementary question
as you can tell, i am new (but im trying)

thanks for the help

Are you experiencing pre-ignition? If not there's no reason to increase the octane rating of any fuel.

The only reason I can think of for using a higher Octane gas, might be because the gas companies are still leaving Ethanol out of Premium. Or has that changed to?

Some folks like it better than 89 Octane, but it doesn't thrill me. After trying it, I've gone back to 89 as it works better for all my saws, old and new. JMTC:D

I always run 93 just because it's ethanol free around here

Absolutely. I would run the high octane fuel any day before using the ethanol mixed fuel. I had switched service stations not realizing they were using enthanol, and before long my gas caps on my saws became extremely hard to remove and replace for several months. I thought it was due to wear and tear until I switched back to non-ethanol fuel. After going through a few tanks of the non-ethanol gas, the gas caps now fit perfect once again. :)

Absolutely. I would run the high octane fuel any day before using the ethanol mixed fuel. I had switched service stations not realizing they were using enthanol, and before long my gas caps on my saws became extremely hard to remove and replace for several months. I thought it was due to wear and tear until I switched back to non-ethanol fuel. After going through a few tanks of the non-ethanol gas, the gas caps now fit perfect once again. :)

why does it do that to the gas caps??

why does it do that to the gas caps??

Don't rightly know. I do know the caps became a frustration, and I tried holding my tongue in different positions ( as the saying goes) but that didn't help. Then one day after switching back to good gas, just like magic, the caps on all my saws functioned properly. So, it has to be the ethanol that caused the problem.

Latest posts

Back