Newbie - 60cc pro saw purchase, decomp valve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that's kinda weird, but the rings most likely aren't seated yet, so it doesn't have enough compression to start with decomp pushed in. Might take 5-10 tanks, who knows.

That's exactly what's going on. Happens on the new 365s and 372's also, so it's not an auto-tun deal. :)

Until the saw breaks in and reaches full compression, the deco will drop the compression low enough that it's actually harder to start.

Good Luck with your new 362. Mike is not a R model, but I think you will love that saw. After about 5 or 6 tanks of fuel it will be broken in and you will really know how strong it is. You got a very nice deal on your saw.

I liked the easier start procedure also, and the non R model is very close to the weight of the 562. Do they make a 562 R model?

I've got an ms362cm and it's fantastic, I really don't think you can go wrong with either one. I've only ran about 15 tanks through my 362 (still fairly new) but I've never ran a saw like it. It starts perfectly Everytime, and I've never had to pull it more than 3 times tops. Also never used the decompression, not sure what it's there for. But I wouldn't trade my 362cm for anything!

Decomp valves on a 70 cc saw and under is just a sales gimmick. My 044 starts fine without one. A compression release on my 390 came apart while running and locked the saw up. If I ever buy another saw with one on it....it will be first thing removed and plugged.

And is just as worthless as the adjustable oiler they try to sell everyone on. I love how guys like to track down the adjustable oilers for this sereies saw. The non-adjustable pumps just as much oil and the pump gears are all metal. IE: no plastic gears to be shredded up.

But it will puke out oil when idling . I converted my 026 to adjustable.

Plastic gears are plenty reliable, I have a 028 and several 038 that are nearing 30 years old with original gears. They have what I feel are more rugged clutch/oilers than the 026/044 that replaced them.

I'm all for plugging the decomp. I don't even use mine on my 066 because it POs me when the damm things stick open.

I've got an ms362cm and it's fantastic, I really don't think you can go wrong with either one. I've only ran about 15 tanks through my 362 (still fairly new) but I've never ran a saw like it. It starts perfectly Everytime, and I've never had to pull it more than 3 times tops. Also never used the decompression, not sure what it's there for. But I wouldn't trade my 362cm for anything!

Glad to hear you like your 362 C-M, a lot of us do. You may wish to share your thoughts on the thread "My new toy ms 362 C-M..."

My 372XP has never cranked cold with the decompress knob on. I separated my shoulder trying before I learned not to use it. The thing has tape over it now. I'll never push it again. The saw cranks 2 easy pulls with it out.

Latest posts

Back