Newbie here!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armytaco

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello folks. Well to start off I just bought my first chainsaw 3 weeks ago. Owned a couple Poulans then I needed a fire wood saw. Off to the Stihl dealer and picked up the 290 for the price. Came here and had to MM the 290 and change the chain. Dont worry I learned my lesson on the 290. Well fast forward to now the bug has bit me so hard I started looking for a bigger saw. Picked up a MS660 with 3/4 (or is it full?) wrap handle yesterday for $520, with new B&C. Very good shape just a couple things I got to take care of to get it to my liking. :chainsawguy:

Anyway thanks guys. Just got a Husqvarna 345 given to me that supposedly has some problems but the P&C look great. Guy said he took it to a dealer who said the comp was low. Also needs a carb clean. Hoping it wont need much if anything a set of rings and Ill have a nice light 16" limbing saw.

Is this CAD?:hmm3grin2orange:

Dont have any chaps yet they are on my list of things I am about to buy. Getting a face shield/ear protection and some chaps in the next few days.

Welcome to the site 345 Husky good little saw I picked one up that just needed a carb kit new fuel line. Now it runs like a champ mine is a 2005 model.

Sucks all the shops around here are closed. I just put it in some wood and it just doesnt seem to have alot of power. Gonna check the compression. P&C looked OK for being 8 years. I am thinking it just needs a new tune maybe rings at most. Maybe I am just expecting too much? It did push through the log good but would stall out and had to lighten it up to get the chain spinning good again. Any ideas?

You came to AS already with CAD - oh boy.
there are a great bunch of folks on this site ready to support you habit.

taco, where are you located?? i had a 345 that i got as a box of parts. it needed a p/c. i think i ended up with a used ebay cylinder and a meteor piston. those saws are known to have issues with the bearings with their integrated seal. they aren't cheap at about $18 ea.

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 saws almost over night you got the bug :deadhorse:

Latest posts

Back