newbie needs Stihl 009 parts ( new addiction) crank needle bearings, an coil wire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin26

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I came about a (mainly white) Stihl 009, she didn't run

so i went to taking her apart only to lose/misplace the needle bearings for the crank. (lol i must have thrown them away mistakenly, with some other debris on my worktable)

i need the crank needle bearings an a complete coil with wire. mine was cut just before the plug (when I got the saw) it's too short now

i also would like to have a new chain and bar if possible

???? for the group can the wire simply be soldered and made to work properly.

i'm not looking for free parts pm me what parts you have for this saw.

i found yet another hobby/addiction (the other being sharks, women, and Kung Fu movies) lol

Last edited:
those parts can be bought at your local stihl dealer , well last time i checked. good luck and patience aqre gonna be required to put those needle bearings back in , if you know a good , gynocologist or proctologist let him do it for you ...

my dealer

my dealer isn't into ordering parts for older Stihl saws I guess there is not enough money in it for him/them

i wasn't how or where else to post this i couldn't find swap shop type forum

i figured I'd try here

Last edited:
I have the needles but there used and Im not too sure you want to put them in your saw. Not quite sure how they wear. Any how good luck getting them back in when you do get a set. LOTS of grease! Good luck :msp_biggrin:

when you go to roll the bearings around the crank use a small tie strap , and i do mean small, on each side of the connecting rod to help keep the connecting rod and bearing tru so they wont fall out , when you get em where you want em , slide the tie strap out of the way . leave the tie straps on the crank till you have the cylinder bolted back in , use a hemostat or something to hold the tie strap thru the intake hole and reach in and clip the tie strap and pull it out , This method worked for me putting the bearings back in , still time consuming and aggravating .

sorry no i dont . it would take forever to photo or video the happenings of this procedure. ive seen pics this on here recently ,

Austin, you should find 08F150's post on his rebuild. He just finished @ a week ago. The saw is actually in the classifieds of this site right now. He did the zip tie trick and there is a photo of it in the post.

edit, Im at work right now waiting for a part so im playing on the computer. When I get home ill look for the bearings you need. And any other 009 stuff, but i looked through my old ebay sales and I think the rest is gone.

Last edited:
Hey Austin, I found them. Man was it a long day working of freakin cars. Any way got home and found the needle bearings. I have twelve of them, not sure if that is how many there are. But that is how many I got out of the bottom end of my long departed 009. See YOU are the reason Ive been hanging onto them for so long. Shoot me another PM and let me know if twelve is enough, if your not sure Ill just mail them down anyway, its just a stamp.

Back