Newbie to forum requiring help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barrm

Reaction score
New to the forum. I have a Husky 340 saw. My sister picked up a new chain for the saw....the chain that originally cam on the saw is marked as "Oregon" with the number "21". The new chain is marked exactly the same, however, it is too short too fit. I do have the chain tensioner backed up the complete way....Help is neded.

New to the forum. I have a Husky 340 saw. My sister picked up a new chain for the saw....the chain that originally cam on the saw is marked as "Oregon" with the number "21". The new chain is marked exactly the same, however, it is too short too fit. I do have the chain tensioner backed up the complete way....Help is neded.

Not the right amount of links in your new chain... The amount should be stamped in your bar up by the dogs... Give that a try. :)

Thank you for the reply. That's the only conclusion I came to as well. I will check the bar tip.
Can a newbie accurately file a chain? I am assuming "eyeballing with a correct file is nothing but inaccurate. File guide and depth guage needed for this? How do you know when a chain is toast?
Thirdly, what is the safest way to cut up a PILE of 8 foot trees for firewood. This pile is Maple with some lengths of logs exceeding 14 inches diameter.
Lots of questions.

Thank you for the reply. That's the only conclusion I came to as well. I will check the bar tip.
Can a newbie accurately file a chain? I am assuming "eyeballing with a correct file is nothing but inaccurate. File guide and depth guage needed for this? How do you know when a chain is toast?
Thirdly, what is the safest way to cut up a PILE of 8 foot trees for firewood. This pile is Maple with some lengths of logs exceeding 14 inches diameter.
Lots of questions.

Barrm... Make a pot of coffee, roll'em if ya got'em, and get ready to read a lot! LOL

Use the sites 'search feature', and type in words like, chain sharpening, bar sizes, sharpening, etc.

All your questions can be answered within the sites old threads and posts.

Ready? Now read! Go-go-go-go-! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back