Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll just leave this here...

158539728.5KexecQ7.jpg

Good deal. Ready to see it. What sealant do u like? Did u cut squish or just delete base gasket
?

I got very lucky. Squish was .034. Gasket is .016. Had to massage some of the cylinder side and the bottom of the coil flange, tho. Coil barely had enough room to clear the flywheel for a bidniss card, too.
LOADS of flashing on this cylinder. I did a lot of clean up as well as porting. I went conservatively with the transfers, opened up the exhaust a lot and added timing since she had a ton of torque to start, also added plenty of intake timing. Massaged the lower transfers a lot. Numbers aren't hugely different from brad or randy's. I have an adapter enroute to take the compression off this thing.

I got very lucky. Squish was .034. Gasket is .016. Had to massage some of the cylinder side and the bottom of the coil flange, tho. Coil barely had enough room to clear the flywheel for a bidniss card, too.
LOADS of flashing on this cylinder. I did a lot of clean up as well as porting. I went conservatively with the transfers, opened up the exhaust a lot and added timing since she had a ton of torque to start, also added plenty of intake timing. Massaged the lower transfers a lot. Numbers aren't hugely different from brad or randy's. I have an adapter enroute to take the compression off this thing.
Cool! Sounds like a plan for me to do mine but too much on my bench to do right now!

Im wanting to make an adapter for spark plug holes to 1/4 hose barb for pressure testing through the spark plug hole? Any ideas ? They may make a spark plug thread to a 1/4 hose barb fitting?

Only explanation I could see is high and low compression gaskets and that may explain the difference in throttle response because my saw spools up very quick

Maybe Randy or Brad could shed some light on the differences we r seeing. I checked mine probably 10 times and it was around .023 and .024. Compression at 170 to 173. Depending on the gasket size if its .016 and could run an .010 gasket and put me right at .018. That should bump compression considerably.

Well, I got good news and bad news.

The good news is WOW. Shes fast now and revs out.

The bad news is POW! She detonates now after long cuts. I think it's a combo of the high compression brought on by the squish and the fact we are at sea level, and it's winter. And she had a tree fall on her before I got her(one of the reasons she was traded to me for jis a port job). If you look in the image previously, she is missing quite a few fins.

So yeah, gonna throw her back together with the gasket. She won't have the same compression, but she should wind the freak out now with all the timing sort of crazy. Mebbe I can do a beer can gasket...

Back