Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reliability is still up in the air I guess on mtronics but for a professional user mtronics in every other way is better

We'll see. I have a bud that wants to trade a 241CM for some port work here in Ireland... I WILL be abusing it as a work saw. I am the sole forester for an entire estate on the side of a mountain here in Waterford. I just spent 3 hours straight yesterday with a ported 044 cutting mature Rhododendron. While it was literally awesome how fast it went, that is a long time to wave around a 70cc saw without much rest besides refueling(4 tanks worth). The 241 will take over that duty after I port it. I am curious to see how long she lasts - I have maybe 100 acres of the stuff to go through before spring. And then there's all the ivy and vines...many larger than my arms

Attachments

• 2bd05ebde90869a10f018ae07c16bb37e85165017c9c1e2fbbfd9c43e231b8f6.jpg
    2bd05ebde90869a10f018ae07c16bb37e85165017c9c1e2fbbfd9c43e231b8f6.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 3757412dba23fdebd1265fd1e1b51aa40f289f6cdd9ee508fe20b8b1db03b493.jpg
    3757412dba23fdebd1265fd1e1b51aa40f289f6cdd9ee508fe20b8b1db03b493.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 31
I dont see why it wouldnt hold up? Same saw as a standard carb with a different fuel management
AutoTune has been around for almost a decade now, and there are no indications that it is unreliable, or doesn't hold up. The few issues have been ordinary carb issues or operator/dealer errors - not issues with the AT/Mtronic itself.

AutoTune has been around for almost a decade now, and there are no indications that it is unreliable, or doesn't hold up. The few issues have been ordinary carb issues or operator/dealer errors - not issues with the AT/Mtronic itself.

A very bold statement, Saw Troll. Of course, you could have personally inspected any and all AT MT problems I have seen or read about here and on ArbTalk, and the ones I have seen in person, and been informed about by fellow foresters... I am sure every single one of them, including DOA and resets, were operator and carb problems...

This also begs the question, if it is a carb problem, is it not also an AT problem since one can not simply tune the carb... Without AT or MT, you could simply retune yourself...

I didnt notice any torque loss on the 3/8 7T picco at all with a 16" bar..seemed like the perfect blend of speed and torque

IDK, It went from being able to dog in and yank on the rear handle to only being able to pull on it. Granted this saw is not meant to "buck" logs, but that was my findings. Same log, same chain, different sprockets. i'm talking 18" burried in dry walnut.

IDK, It went from being able to dog in and yank on the rear handle to only being able to pull on it. Granted this saw is not meant to "buck" logs, but that was my findings. Same log, same chain, different sprockets. i'm talking 18" burried in dry walnut.

Ya i suppose thats different , i wanna try an 8T and see how it does with 16..my dealer said there was no 8T for picco but you know how that is..but with the 7 i didnt have any complaints cuttin green stuff in the 10 inch range

Ya i suppose thats different , i wanna try an 8T and see how it does with 16..my dealer said there was no 8T for picco but you know how that is..but with the 7 i didnt have any complaints cuttin green stuff in the 10 inch range

Look up the p/n in either an 026 or 024 ipl...They should still list it. I have a few of them laying around. There are so many sprockets that dealers do not know about it is ridiculous. Just in small spline there is 6t spur, 7t .325, 7t .375, 7t .375 picco, 8t .325, 8t .375 picco.

be warned, 8t picco is even larger than regular 8t .375. as the LP drivers are longer. It makes some serious chain speed. I have an NOS 16" 3003 mount picco bar that I ran on a ported 260 for awhile with a loop of PS and an 8t picco rim...Can you say chain stretch lol cut like an angry beaver but was really hard on the chain.

be warned, 8t picco is even larger than regular 8t .375. as the LP drivers are longer. It makes some serious chain speed. I have an NOS 16" 3003 mount picco bar that I ran on a ported 260 for awhile with a loop of PS and an 8t picco rim...Can you say chain stretch lol cut like an angry beaver but was really hard on the chain.

I went to 56 drivers on the 16" bar as the standard 55 driver chain was too short with the rim set up , i wonder if the 56 driver chain works with 8T as well

I have a cannon c1 mount .370 picco 16" bar ordered that im gonna try the 8t picco sprocket with. The cannon supermini is a true 16" bar at 62dl though

Board is around 150 and the solenoid im not sure? If you havent tried mtronics u should give it a whirl. My opinion is if a board or a solenoid made a saw unreliable and we used that philosophy with cars we would still be in the stone age with vehicles? Seems vehicles have worked out just fine with electronics and solenoids?
There is no board. The entire works is housed within the ignition coil. Just like the electronics that have been inside the ignition coil of Stihl saws for almost 40 years. Otherwise, the only other different thing is the solenoid on the carb. My 241 has been riding in the bed of my pickup for over a month. Rain, snow, temps from 40F to 0F. Not even a burp of trouble.

M-Tronic won't save you from straight gas, though. I've had two now come into the shop with the owner's cussing at the "new electronices" only to drain the tanks and find straight gas.

There is no board. The entire works is housed within the ignition coil. Just like the electronics that have been inside the ignition coil of Stihl saws for almost 40 years. Otherwise, the only other different thing is the solenoid on the carb. My 241 has been riding in the bed of my pickup for over a month. Rain, snow, temps from 40F to 0F. Not even a burp of trouble.

M-Tronic won't save you from straight gas, though. I've had two now come into the shop with the owner's cussing at the "new electronices" only to drain the tanks and find straight gas.
Sounds right to me. I love mtronics

I have a cannon c1 mount .370 picco 16" bar ordered that im gonna try the 8t picco sprocket with. The cannon supermini is a true 16" bar at 62dl though

It will be interesting to see if it actually takes 62dl - I am sceptical to listed Cannon dl counts, as I have seen inconsistencies between different documents....

Back