Newspaper Article about stolen logsplitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipe76

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
25 ton!!!!!

Wood splitter stolen
By Journal Inquirer Staff
Published: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:49 AM EST
VERNON — Police are investigating the theft of a wood splitter from a residence on Risley Road on Monday.

Vernon police said they received a complaint about 3:30 p.m. Monday that a wood splitter, weighing 25 tons, was taken from 1 Risley Road, near the intersection of Tunnel Road. The machine must be towed.

Police ask anyone with information about the theft to contact them at 872-9126.

http://www.journalinquirer.com/articles/2008/11/12/towns/vernon/doc491b0724131eb172030186.txt

Last edited:
From the sounds of things the staff writer is a little removed from burning wood for heat, hard work or possibly reality.

They must not realize how much weight 25 tons really is.

idiots

MUSTOF BEEN A 25 TON SPLITTER,NOT THE WEIGHT OF THE UNIT.MUSTA BEEN A SLOW NEWS DAY.I DONT THINK MY SPEECO WEIGHS 22 TON,THO IT IS PRETTY HEAVY:dizzy:

It's like we have our own "Wood language", we all understand what a 25 ton wood splitter is, but to the average person, one would think differently.....

cracked me up!

The way I figure it, ours is about 6.5 tons... Man that thing must be huge, should be able to find someone that saw something :)

backhoe_14.jpg

Log Splitter Stolen In Vernon
The Hartford Courant
November 12, 2008
VERNON - Police are hoping the public can help them find a log splitter that was reported stolen Monday from 1 Risley Road.

The red Yard Machines splitter was last seen earlier Monday. It was reported stolen at 3:27 p.m.

Police are hoping a passerby may have seen a car drive off with the log splitter in tow. The home where it was stolen is at Risley and Tunnel roads.

From the sounds of things the staff writer is a little removed from burning wood for heat, hard work or possibly reality.

They must not realize how much weight 25 tons really is.

Most of the local media around my parts are completely removed from reality and the world around them. The majority of the staff writers for the local papers are barely literate.

I was thinking the same thing, but I've seen big log splitters similar to that one before -it obviously is built to split large diameter long wood.

Mr. Firewood, I'm not sure as the thought just occured to me but I remember seeing a very large homemade firewood processor on youtube -115 hp JD with no air filter or hoses to the intake on the turbo- is that yours? If so I enjoyed the video. The neatest thing I've seen as far as processors are concerned.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back