Next build Husky 281 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolloman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My next build which will be my 2nd saw will most likely be a Husky 281 XP that was given to me. The saw appears to be in good shape with plenty of compression by the pull test. I'll be checking with guage Monday when I recieve the white colored schrader valves needed by my compression guage. I plan on doing the usual machining etc. to get the correct squish, widening of intake and exhaust. Has anyone built one of these for stock appearing that could give me any tips? I don't know what kind of transfers it has yet, or if it could take a popup.

I have three of the 181 281 288 combo things. The first thing that I did was to get the 288 jug and piston cuz its BIGGER and the check the squish and drop the jug a bit i don't remember off hand how far. Then i took the transfers and hogged them out to far cutting the bottom of then off at the flange where it mounts to the case. I had to take the fins off the fly wheel to spin it faster because i changed the timing slightly when i ported it so watch out for that. have a great time and if you want to race it don't make it a two piece by making a head for it just leave it stock on the out side out of coffee gotta go and again have a blast they are fun:rock:

Latest posts

Back